Chapter 167: No Match Against Flames (EP. 08)

⚠Caution⚠: Major/Lead characters cannot die. So don't worry and calm your heart.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Previously: “The fight would not be a fair one.”

Aiden is growing as belligerent as his opponent, and the heated vapor his nostrils exhaled is evidence enough. Elgon seemed miniscule before the fire king since he towered over him, but the shorter prince did not shake in his boots.

His yellow irises read Aiden like an open book, and in a single second he knew, the King of Arendelle is not pensive like he is. It's clear he takes action without thinking, which may come to Elgon's advantage.

Elgon audaciously lunged for the king's chest—and his failure to inflict a major damage emboldened his shock.

The edge of the blade is no more than an inch away from reaching Aiden's clothed chest, but to his bad luck, the fire king managed to prevent his opponent's attempt being successful with his two hands in a praying state. Nestled between his inflamed palms is the sword's edge.

"You do not..."

Aiden's face remained stoic as the metal blade's malleability dropped into a full zero; the rugged steel becoming curved and bent every passing moment. He couldn't suppress the smirk that stretched across his lips when he caught the second color leave Elgon's face.

"... Know my capabilities, Prince Elgon."

Elgon discarded the futile sword from his grasp and threw a foolhardy hook aiming towards the king's jaw, but Aiden was quick enough to prevent the assault with a knuckled fist. He took a strong hold around the prince's hand and used his other arm to hurl a curt yet vital undercut to his mid-section.

Elgon's body ached and he hissed in pain, but it didn't stop him from avenging himself.

As the men fought and seeked justice for themselves, Elsa generated an impromptu ice dagger and freed the stirring Lieutenant and General in determination with the icy cutlass cutting the vain rope.

"W-what the hell is going on?" A bleary eyed Matthias questioned.

"Keep an eye on the henchmen before they wake up," The ice queen's tone was firm and commanding, "I'll take care of that one," Her blue irises briefly glanced at the motionless man dressed in mournful black.

The lithe figure of Elgon's impassive spymaster flinched warily, and before Elsa knew it, a crossbow is hoisted above his forearm and without warning, the man pulled the trigger, the absence of hesitation informing the snow Queen that the spymaster is more barbaric than she thinks.

During her years as a recluse, she once doubted there will be no man seeking her affections and her heart. For who could dare love a woman who could freeze them in a matter of seconds?

But this situation proved that doubt wrong, and she had to learn that the hard way.

Elsa growled as an instinctual icicle potrudes above the plank, freezing the incoming bolt in the process. The spymaster didn't bother to give up hope and fired another, this time it aimed for her arm to disable her from creating any form of defense.

Multiple icicles sprouted around the Queen of Arendelle whose eyes glowed in a vibrant hue of blue—and all fired bolts failed again.

Their battle didn't last long when Elsa finally shot a blast of ice towards the spymaster's feet, and the man in black allowed an unimpressed chuckle to escape his lips. Horror drained the smugness he possessed when the ice began to surge upwards to his knees then to his thighs; and the solidifying ended when rigid frost touched his neck.