14. Vampire

Killua gasps, biting his bottom lip tightly to prevent a loud scream when sharp and familiar fangs bite into his neck. Letting little pools of flood flow down his neck when the cause of the bite pulled away. Soon shivered when a cold tongue licked of the remaining blood, enclosing the exposed bite from others to see.

"Your blood is the best blood I've ever tasted, mortal. I'm impressed." The vampire, no other than a mosquito, evenly worse, named Gon Freecs.

A pesky being he came across not long ago and came into some form of agreement. Either death or give blood to a fellow vampire once a week. It was a difficult decision if Killua were honest.

Killua glares, holding his neck. "Bastard, you say that every time. What are you trying to prove?" He hates getting into Gons' stupid ploys and wants a straight answer. But tonight wasn't it.

"Nothing. I'm just being honest and nice." He easily lies. Smiling a sinister mouth form grin showing his sharp fangs, tongue licking them. Killua grimaced at the sight.

"Sure. Whatever you say, I have to keep up with this shit till I die all thanks to you. Worse than a mosquito and fly together." Killua says with pure hatred. Gon chuckles. Sounded strained.

"Is that so?"

"Yes. You're worse than them when combined. Almost bad as a wasp. Those jerks don't give a flying fuck about your life, only their own. Sounds strangely familiar."

Gon places a heart on his heart. "I feel flattered, but please don't compare to a wasp nor hornets. Those things are a menace to nature. Except for bees. They're cute."

"Welcome to my world." Miserably humored, not cracking a smile in any way.

"Can I sleep now you pestering bat? You got your blood for tonight, go off somewhere else and leave me be or else I'll call pest control tomorrow. I won't hesitate." Killua warns. They both think it's miserably futile but tries.

"Aww wanting me to leave so soon?" Killua glares darkly at the floating man hovering over him before pulling the blanket over his head.

"Fine fine I'll go. See you tomorrow, Killua!" Gon stubbornly floats around, taunting the poor suffering soul trying to sleep instead of leaving like he supposed for the night.

Killua growls. "Quit stalling. Leave."

Gon pouts when looking down at the hiding figure and smiles warmly for a while in silence, enjoying the man's presence even when angry and silent. Finally, Gon transforms into a bat and heads out the open window into the dark late night.

Killua felt sudden relief and went to shut the window tight with the indoor lock clicking. Never once he loved the sound of a window clicking to indicate it's locked.

"Hey brother, are you talking to someone?" His brother asks, the door cracked open with little light behind her.

Killua weakly nods. "Yeah, was talking to Leorio about homework. Now go to sleep."

She nods and shuts the door while saying goodnight. Killua mumbles a goodnight. Crashing soundly into bed.

Dreaming a world with no vampires.

Except...

the past few nights...

Gon never returned.