"Right. Whatever."

  Leorio sighs in pity and soon chuckles as he hands the tired males drink.

  Killua raises his brows, giving the needed cash before asking, "What's so funny old man?" He scoffs at Leorio's quick whip of retorts and defense, to which he plainly ignores.

  The taller male recovers. "Are you seriously that desperate to avoid love that badly? Why not try it out and live a little?"

  Killua tchs. "Not interested."

  "Hmm sure. What kind of art did you do today?"

  Killua sighs in gratitude for letting go of the uncomfortable topic. Showing pics of his favorite finished pieces today and as always, Leorio always seems impressed for every single piece.

  "Thank you for showing me, but I have to get back to work. Please consider what I said before. I know you won't admit it,  though, I won't force you." Leorio says, not giving Killua a chance to respond back. He just rolls his annoyed eyes behind his back.

  He then passed by another person, presence strangely familiar, he ignores it.

•~*~•

  "I'm sorry, not interested."

  Killua resigns from running out the door screaming out in agony of this suffering that any normal person would happily take without second thoughts. Instead he composed his anger, knowing well it isn't the poor strangers fault and is unprofessional.

  Telling him to give them a chance, once again, making up stuff as lame nonexistent life problems he doesn't have to partake in a forced honest tone. The customer saddens but respectively accepts his choice.

  He could try. But he doesn't haven't the heart or patience. He'll be a waste of time for them to commit a healthy relationship with him as life obstacles go on. So why bothering wasting their insanely kind values on him who won't return anything back?

  He just wants them to be happy with the right person. Not really wanting to disappoint another thoughtful person again due to lack of commitment and interest. A painful reminder he really wants to forget but sadly cannot.

  "Here's a tip. I really love the work you did, thank you."

  "Thanks. Have a good day."

  "I hope you find someone better. You seem like a great person." Goes unsaid and gives a sullen smile. Swallowing a huge lump in his throat.

Why do I feel like crying?

Why?

Dammit.

Feelings really do suck.

~•*•~

"On the house."

"Thanks."

   Leorio knows better not to push his buttons and gives Killua his space. Who's looking more hurt than normal from he's use too. Killua gave a weak nod in response to his friend's worried expression, signifying he'll be fine.

    He won't blame him if he doesn't.

   Killua sits at his usual table and takes out his sketchbook from his backpack to doodle.

   Hoping to ease his mind a bit.

~•*•~

  "Hey, the store is closing. Are you alright?"