0.3

E M B E R

"Everett! Wait!" I yell as I see him walking out of school. It's been a few days, and the more I thought about him, the more I realized I really miss him.

He spins around, and a grin forms on his face as he sees me. "Ember!"

I run past the students and into his open arms. He spins me around before setting me down and pressing his lips to mine. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him closer as I part my lips. It feels like we're kissing for hours, when in reality, it's less than a minute. We finally pull apart, both of us breathing heavily.

"I take you back," I whisper, kissing him briefly again.

"Thank you," he murmurs, pressing his forehead to mine.

"I missed you so fucking much, Em. I swear, I'll never do anything to hurt you ever again."

"I missed you, too," I reply, opening my eyes to be met by bright green. He smiles, the edges of his eyes crinkling adorably. "God, I missed you," I breathe, a smile playing on my lips.

"Mmm," he hums, pulling away so we can get out of school. We walk into the parking lot, Everett's arm around my waist. Walking up to his car, I realize something.

"Hey. Would you take me to a concert?"

"Yeah? Sure. Why not? Whose?" he replies, climbing into the driver's seat as I slip in beside him.

"5SOS," I reply, buckling my seat belt.

"Yeah. Let's go," he responds with a grin. "I was scared you were going to ask me to go to some boyband concert," he laughs, starting up his car.

"Yeah no," I laugh as he pulls out of the parking lot. I've missed this. Just talking and laughing with Everett. I still don't know how we got together. I'm a loner. A loser with no friends. And he's a popular jock. It still does hurt—what he did. I still don't know if I can trust him completely.

"Em," he says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Hmm?"

"Your place or mine?"

"Mine. I need to ask my parents about the concert."

———

"Sure. If he's going, then sure. Do you have money?" Mom asks me, smiling at Everett. She actually doesn't know what happened between us, only that we'd been on a "break".

"Yeah," I respond with a grin.

"Take care of her, okay?" Mom tells him, and he nods.

"I will."

"This is such a relief!" Mom exclaims with a grin. "I was terrified of leaving you alone for so long," she admits.

"I would've been fine," I assure her, but she shakes her head.

"You could've been abducted or murdered," she tells me seriously.

"Please stop saying that," I groan, rolling my eyes.

"I'm serious," she laughs, smacking my arm.

"Hey!" I whine, and Everett wraps his arms around me from behind.

"You're so cute," he mumbles, kissing a spot under my ear.

"No, I'm not!"

"Yes, you are," he replies.

"Oh shut up," I giggle as he starts tickling me. "No! No!" I shriek, trying to escape. He starts laughing as I giggle uncontrollably and try to squirm away. "Fuck you!" I shriek between breaths.

"Language!" Mom scolds, trying to suppress laughter herself.

He finally stops tickling me, but he picks me up, throwing me over his shoulder.

"Hey! Let me down!" I laugh, pounding on his back. He ignores me, carrying me into the living room before dropping me on the couch. I let out a yelp at the impact, and he suddenly jumps on top of me. I shriek, and he starts kissing all over my face. "Ev! Stop!" I laugh, trying to push him off me.

"You love it," he counters before kissing my lips.

"Mmm," I hum, smiling against his soft lips.

"I love you," he says softly, pulling away slightly. I smile before pulling him closer once more.