Sunkissed

.

.

.

.

As I made my way to my last hour of the day, I noticed the new kid alone. So far, he's been in most of my classes, and I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I just feel as though it's weird. I was lost in my train of thought, not paying attention, and that's when I saw that he was getting bullied. As to be expected, but I got angry at this. Mitsuri was trying to prevent Obanai from continuing any longer, her screams, and gasps being heard throughout the corridor. I'm surprised no one came out of their classrooms.

Eventually, I had enough of it and I grabbed a hold of his shoulder, pulling him back some. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I snapped, I was about to continue until he balled his hand up into a fist, punching me in my eye.

I huffed, stumbling back a few before regaining myself and scoffing at his failed attempt of a punch. "You're gonna regret that, Iguro." and with that said, I went into a fist fight against him, it wasn't until Mitsuri pulled him back that we were finished. I spat down onto his shoe, narrowing my eyes at him, "Let that be a damn lesson." I muttered, turning around to be faced to face with the new kid. He was battered, but from what I saw, he didn't put up a fight. He wasn't as injured as I expected him to be. 

He stare up at me with his ocean blue eyes, and it felt like I was holding my breathe. Suffocating me. He got up, dusting himself off, and grabbing my hand, now leading me to the nurses office, and I felt myself turn red again.

Oh god, I'm gonna die, aren't I? 

I stared at him for a moment once we made it to the infirmary, and I saw him getting gauze and bandages. He walks towards me and pulls a chair up, glancing up at me before dabbing a bit of the gauze on one of the band aids. I took this moment to stare at his face, his blue eyes, his plump lips and his freckled face were enough to make anyone faun over him. I just don't understand how no one has yet.

"Y'know, you didn't have to protect me back there." 

His voice was soft, yet it sounded frail and it was enough to make me fall over and die. I felt my face heat up once again and I averted my eyes elsewhere, avoiding to look at him, but he was so close. "Yeah? Well, I don't like it when people hurt others, it's wrong." I shot back, narrowing my eyes at the memory from not too long ago. I found myself staring back at him again. He smiled at me, and I don't know if it's possible but, I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks. I can feel it. "Thanks then.." he muttered, his eyes going back to focusing on my wound, I let out a small chuckle. 

"Anytime, Cutie."

.

.

.

.