-24-

Shadow and (Y/n) entered the control room, peering out the window. "I'm going to circle around," the panther said. "We'll split up and attack from different sides. They can't predict us all. Meet in the middle and we'll head in then if we haven't already been shot, okay mates?" They nodded. "Alright then."

Detonator angled the plane away from the direct destination, a soft pattering sounding. "Idiots," the panther growled. "What damage will they do to an armored plane from this distance? They're desperate blokes, aren't they?"

"Be careful," Shadow murmured to (Y/n).

"I should be saying that to you, Ultimate Daredevil." Shadow rolled his eyes at the nickname. "You just admitted to me that you're not the Ultimate Lifeform. Don't go back on your word."

"I won't." They braced themselves against the walls as Detonator turned the plane and headed in for a steep landing, only angling out at the last minute to glide to a stop. It was actually a rather smooth landing.

"You mates ready to bring the hurt?" Detonator growled, grabbing his weapons and locking them in their respective places. He brushed past them, opening the door outside.

"I thought you said no body count."

"If you see a species of one of your future friends, leave 'em alone. If not, take 'em out." Detonator glanced back at the pair. "No one messes with Claire and gets away with it."

"Who's Claire?" Shadow asked, glancing at (Y/n). Detonator's eyes widened and he let out a nervous chuckle. 

"I meant Teleporter," he said. He coughed. "Let's go, ya blokes." He stepped out of the plane and the two shared another glance before following.

"Don't die," (Y/n) said, brushing her hand across Shadow's before turning and running to his right. He opened his mouth, then his ears flattened and he looked forward.

"Good luck, mate," Detonator murmured. "And please, don't pull any stunts. I don't want to be hauling your body away from the battle field." Shadow simply said nothing. The panther gave his shoulder a pat then ran to his left.

"I...I'm no longer enough," Shadow breathed to himself, starting forward and pulling out his gun. He cocked it and pointed it at the ground. "I will not fail her. I will not lie to her." He briefly closed his eyes, then opened them with a new determination. "I. Will. Not. Fail." And with that, he picked up his pace and ran towards the facility.

He stopped, smirking as he saw the soldiers standing there clamp their hands over their ears, dropping their weapons. The earbuds thankfully hadn't shorted out and Shadow took this opportunity to run in, grabbing one of the larger guns while holding his smaller one in his other hand.

(Y/n) and Detonator came in from the other sides, the (a/t)'s mouth open in a scream before she closed it, walking over to Shadow.

"How's it hanging?" she asked with a smirk as the trio marched towards the doors. A pair of armed guards stood there, pointing their guns at them. Shadow lifted both guns in his hands, not slowing his pace. His two companions did the same and the guards instantly stood down.

"Where is the cheetah and hedgehog recently transported here?" Detonator hissed, shoving his gun to the guard's chest.

"I-I don't know! That's top secret information!" the guard said, dropping his gun and lifting his hands.

"Then I guess we'll have to search the facility," Shadow growled, tucking his gun in its holster and taking the commandeered one in both hands.

"We should split up again. We can cover more ground faster. It's likely, though, that they're keeping them in a secure place that won't be easy to get into."