-13-

"(Y/n)! Please come out! I'm sorry I scared you!" 

The (a/t) was hiding under her bed, trying to decide whether to laugh or to scream. Shadow had been chasing her around the agency, acting as if he was on drugs or something. She knew he didn't know what he was doing, but she had yet to find Detonator and Teleporter and ask them what on Mobius they did to him. 

So she backed out from under her bed, poking her head up. She could hear his heavy and uneven footsteps and his sad moaning as he called her name. She glanced up but there was nothing to cling to. Come on, there's got to be some way to escape a hysterical hedgehog

Then she came up with an idea. If he didn't have Chaos powers, he couldn't teleport. The only thing he had besides his fists was his skates. Take those off, she could get away from him long enough for the whatever effect to wear off. 

"I'm pretty sure when I told you to give him some laughing gas to help with the extraction, I didn't mean that much laughing gas!" (Y/n) sighed in relief when she heard Teleporter yelling to Detonator.

"I thought that he might need more since he's the Ultimate Lifeform?" 

"If anything, he needs less than a normal person!" 

"Please help me," (Y/n) said through the AI. 

"(Y/n)? Where are you?" Teleporter called. 

"Sh! He could hear you!" The cheetah went silent and (Y/n) peered cautiously into the hallway. Empty. She stepped out but that's when she was tackled. 

"Found you!" Shadow exclaimed, hugging her. (Y/n) couldn't help it and let out a short scream. Shadow yelped and sprang off her. "Whoa! What was that?" 

"Come here.

"Okay." He bent down, watching her expectantly. 

"Do I have to take your shoes off or will you?" 

"You want my shoes?" He took them off and handed them to her. She blinked. 

"That works. Now, if you're going to be obedient, just stay there until Teleporter or Detonator comes to get you.

"But I want to be with you! It's a scary place in the 1900s." 

"It's really not." She stood up, tucking the skates under her arm. "I'm just going to-" 

"Don't leave me!" 

"Oh, heck no." She took off down the hallway, Shadow springing up and taking off after her. 

"You took my shoes that make me go fast!" he cried, running after her. 

"(Y/n)?" Teleporter called, coming around the corner. Shadow slammed straight into the cheetah, falling onto his backside. 

"Ow!" he exclaimed. "What was that for?"

"This is sad," Detonator said, looking down at the hedgehog as he rubbed his now sore backside. "I should not have given him that much." 

"Yeah, now he's not the Ultimate Lifeform," Teleporter hissed. She whacked the back of her partner's head. "You should know this!" 

"Can one of you help me?" Shadow asked after he stood up. "Where did (Y/n) go?" 

"The bathroom," Detonator instantly said. He wrapped an arm around Shadow's shoulders. "Hey, mate, why don't you come with me? You need to go to bed now."

"But it's so early!" Teleporter face palmed. Shadow's face suddenly brightened. "There she is! Wait for me!" He shoved Detonator away and took off after the (a/t), who had made the mistake of peeking at him. "I WANT MY SHOES BACK!" 

"Oh, no you don't," Teleporter said, disappearing and reappearing in front of the hedgehog. He opened his arms and bowled her over, rolling over her head and throwing her down the hall. Detonator yelped angrily and gave chase, though Shadow was already gone. However, his voice calling sadly for the (a/t) was not. 

"Come on, mate, you're never going to find her," Detonator said. "Just come on and I'll fix the little mistake I made." 

"So you hid her!" Shadow growled, poking his head out of a room. He grabbed the agent's collar and shook him. "Where did she go? Tell me!" 

"I-I don't know, mate! She ran away from you!" 

"But she likes me, right?"

"I'm not sure what to tell you." Shadow patted his chest, nodding slyly. "Yeah, listen to your heart." He sighed. "You know, if you hadn't continued down that vent, we never would have been in this situation." 

"That's it! The air vents!" Shadow instantly tried to skate off but ended up face planting. "Heh, hey, kitty? Can you get me my shoes?" 

"Sorry, but I don't know where those are, either." Shadow pushed himself up, wrinkling his muzzle. 

"I got it," he said. He then sprang up, using Detonator's shoulders to boost himself up to the nearest air vent. 

"Not those ones!" the panther shouted. "Teleporter!" 

"He is your responsibility now," she hissed peering around the corner. "It's your fault for turning a fifty year old hedgehog into a child!" She stalked down the hallway, fur bristling. 

"Ah, nuts." Detonator jumped, but he couldn't quite reach the vent. "Shadow! Please come back down!" 

There was no response. The hedgehog was probably already halfway through the venting system. 

"Ah! Please! THIS IS SO WEIRD!" Detonator could even detect the distress in the AI and he ran down the hallway. 

"(Y/n)?" he called. "Where are you?" 

"I have no idea! But please! He's like a child!

"Believe me, I know. Can you hear my voice? Am I close?" 

"Sounds like it." Detonator started searching the rooms he was around until he finally found (Y/n) and Shadow. The dark hedgehog was hugging the (a/t)'s legs with a content look on his face, (Y/n) holding the shoes above her head. 

"Can I have my shoes back?" he asked, looking lovingly up at her. She made a face and looked pleadingly up at Detonator. He roughly grabbed Shadow's shoulders and hauled him off the poor (a/t), driving him out the door. 

"I have no idea how you found her so fast," he said. "But we're done with that now. If you're not going to behave, I'm going to strap you to the medical table until this wears off."

"Ooh! That's sounds fun! Can we watch a movie? Wait. Why isn't (Y/n) coming?" 

"She's tired. You should be too." Detonator growled, shoving Shadow back into the medical office. "I'll get you a movie if you sit down and behave." 

"Ooh! Okay." Shadow thumped into the couch and stared expectantly at the TV. Detonator pulled out the random selection of old training footage, hoping that the dark hedgehog wouldn't really mind as he was delirious. 

"Now go to sleep," Detonator said, waving his hands over Shadow's head. "Please. I can't deal with you anymore." 

"Okay." 

"That's it?" 

"Okay." Detonator breathed a sigh of relief and Shadow stared in fascination at the TV as the video started playing. Not too soon after, he fell asleep out of boredom. 

"I got all of that on the security feed," Teleporter said, appearing beside her partner. She grinned. "Now, when he wakes up, we'll have something to hold against him." 

"Oh, yes," Detonator said, staring at Shadow. 

"You good?" 

"I don't know if I could ever have a child." Teleporter let out a laugh, then looked at the panther. 

"Yeah," she said, rubbing behind her neck. "I'm gonna...I'm gonna go train now." She quickly walked away and Detonator sighed. 

"Another day," he said, turning away. "I'm going to bed." And with that, he shut the door, leaving the hedgehog to rest.

A/n: So, I was listening to the song Gaius the Goblin while writing this. Just thought I'd take the opportunity.