Chapter Seven

Nico glanced around at all the kids getting on their armor. Nearest him was the Athena cabin, Percy, Jason, the Hermes cabin, Calypso, the Aphrodite cabin, and the Hephaestus cabin. On the other side of the dining pavilion was Ares cabin, Dionysus cabin, Demeter cabin, Apollo cabin, and Hecate cabin. All the others had chosen to sit this one out. Nico shifted his broken arm into a sling, twisting it around his neck so his arm was tight against his chest.

Good thing it's my left arm, he thought as he strapped his sword to his belt.

Percy ambled over, looking perfectly comfortable in his Greek armor.

"You good?" He asked Nico.

"Fine." Nico shifted his sheath a little bit. "I think i'm ready."

"You're not wearing any armor," Percy pointed out.

"I don't need armor," Nico replied.

"We're fighting the Ares cabin." Percy shrugged. "They won't hold back just because your arm is broken."

"If anybody hurts me tonight, Will will turn traitor because he's become so freaking over-protective." Nico smirked. "Let's go see what Annabeth wants us to do."

Percy laughed. "Okay, you're probably right. Let's go."

Annabeth glanced at the boys. "You two are the guards," she said. "Piper, you lead your cabin and Jason to the side and try to distract. Leo, you do the same, but go the opposite direction. Connor, Travis, also distract. My cabin will be all along the creek to prevent them from getting over."

"Who's gonna try and get the flag?" Leo asked.

Annabeth's eyes sparkled. "Calypso."

Calypso grinned. "Oh, this is going to be amazing."

"Hecate is a cabin full of magicians," Percy reminded her.

"Yes, but none of them have centuries worth of solitary practice," Calypso laughed. "Let's win."

Nico nodded. He glanced over at Percy, who was holding the flag

"Where are we putting it?"

"I'm not sure..." Percy glances over at the forest. "Nobody will expect Zeus's Fist anymore."

"Then that's where we're putting it." Nico walked into the forest.

Nearly an hour later, Percy and Nico were still standing near the flag. They hadn't done a thing. They listened to the forest, but couldn't hear much. Nico wanted to summon a skeleton just to do something, but he didn't want to collapse and miss another five days. He fiddled with his sword handle.

Percy started flipping his pen in his hand. "ADHD kids aren't supposed to stand around while everyone else is doing exciting stuff," he grumbled.

"That's true," Nico agreed. "ADHD kids also don't like to have broken arms."

Percy nodded. "How's it not healed yet, anyway? Annabeth's broken ankle healed within two hours."

"Will didn't want to give me any ambrosia because I was in such a bad state anyway," Nico replied.

"Huh." Percy shrugged, then tensed. "You hear that?"

Nico nodded. He heard Percy uncap his pen, and he drew his sword.

Annabeth burst into the clearing, her breathing heavy.

"What in Hades?" Percy demanded.

"Guys, I wish you could've seen that!" Annabeth exclaimed. "It was amazing! Calypso got the flag, but made it look like it was still there! And she made herself and the flag look like the trees around them and she made it across the creek before anyone even noticed anything!"