The Figures in the Iceberg (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"What's going on?" a tired soft feminine voice says.

Me and Katara turn, to see a large furry beast and a young girl lying besides it. The boy looks worried as he helps her up carefully.

"Are you okay, Shiloh?" he asks, using his full attention to assist her.

The girl whos name appears to be Shiloh helps herself up, and I get a full look at her. Long silky black hair, pale restless skin, rosy lips and cheeks.

She was dressed in Earth kingdom clothing which was confusing. She glanced over at me, I get a look into her red wine-colored eyes, and immediately they captivated me.

"Oo looks like someone has a crush" Katara teased me and I snapped back into reality.

"No! And we still have no idea who they are, and what that furry beast is." I yelled pointed my weapon defensively towards them.

"I'm Aang, and she's Shiloh. And Appa, my flying bison." Aang responds cheerfully.

Shiloh shrugged, "Aang, we shouldn't trust them. For god sakes he has a weapon."

Katara grabs my spear and throws it into the water. Then plasters on a smile.

"Im sorry about my brother. He can be a pighead sometimes."

"Im sorry about my Shiloh, she can be a bit overprotective." Aang explained.

"Oh shut up." Shiloh said jokingly.

"Is she your sister?" Katara asked Aang.

"Haha, Shiloh? No. We are just childhood friends, she also used to look after me."

"Is everyone just gonna ignore the fact we found them IN A ICEBERG?!" I yelled.

"Yeah I would kinda like to know that too." Shiloh said. I blushed at her voice backing up my statement.

Shiloh's <POV>

Back in the Watertribe, I get up from resting in the tent Katara let us use. Sokka spots me and runs over to me.

"Are you doing better?" he asked me.

"I hate this place, there's no earth to bend. I feel powerless." I said frustrated.

"So you are an earth bender, I kinda just assumed by your clothing" The boy said putting on a goofy smile.

I chuckled which made him blush a bit. I'm no stranger to guys being extra accommodating.

Ever since I was a little girl, boys have always tried to take advantage of me because of the way I look.
We continue walking, while Sokka drowned me in questions.

"Where's Aang?" I ask letting my eyes panickingly searching around the village.

"He's off somewhere with my sister." he explained, calming down my mind.

Me and Aang have been friends ever since we were little. We've always been pretty close, visiting each other multiple times a month. But what really made our relationship solid is once he found out he was the avatar, everyone else pushed him away.

I remember finding Aang crying all day in his room, staring outside at the other kids play. From that moment, I knew I'd do whatever it takes to protect him.

A smokeshow happened in this distance. Coming off of a dark warship.

'Oh no, what have you done now Aang' I thought to myself.

Minutes pass, and I pace relentlessly while the whole village panics. When Katara and Aang return with shame written on their faces, Sokka starts accusing Aang of being a firenation spy. I stood, as Katara tries to explain it was an accident.

"Your banished from this tribe. You've caused enough trouble" Sokka says bitterly.

Aang turns and starts walking away, while Katara continues to scream at her brother. I begin to follow Aang, but Sokka grabs my wrist.

"You don't have to go." Sokka says kinda pleadingly.

"He's my friend. Im not abandoning him now."
I state as I firmly remove his grip. I catch up to Aang.

NOTE: sorry that was so long. i really wanted to spend a lot of time introducing the characters. and this is not a sokka x reader. but throughout the story there will be some side romances.