Regret (Part 23)

Zuko's <POV>

We continue running around the festival. Shiloh's face lights up around everything, somehow it always makes my heart fluff.

It's almost like she forgot about what happened, she forgave me. I haven't forgotten though, nor will I forgive myself. Never.

I glance around searching my surroundings for the girl, which I find munching on some fire rock chips. She turns to me and runs over.

"Zuko!" she yells over the loud music. "Try these!"

She smiles widely, shoving them in front of my face. I chuckle as I take one, the spiciness flows down my throat as I let out a gasp.

"Why are these so spicy?!" I yell panting for water.

Shiloh looks at me innocently. Clueless at my expression. She giggles, handing me some water.

"They weren't even that spicy" She snickers as she takes ahold of my shoulder, walking at my side as the night grows darker.

Aang's <POV>

Sokka, Katara and I grab face coverings. Walking throughout the festival, checking out the firebending action. Katara said it'd be best for me to witness firebending up close.

We sneak around, hiding in the corners of the festival. I keep my eye glances low, but someone caught my eye. Someone who's figure felt familiar.

So familiar.

Shiloh.

My heart beats quicker. Staring at her thick black hair flowing in the wind. The warm sunshine scent of her ice skin soaks into my skin like nostalgia.

I reach my hand out slowly the figure in the crowd but I witness a man take her by the waist. I see her burgundy eyes glimmer as they meet his, like hers use to meet mine when we were just toddlers in the playground.

My eyes widening, I retreat my hand from her. Focused on her new love, whom smiles whenever she kisses him.

Shes happy.

Shes... happy.

Without me.

Shes happy without me.

I back away into the crowd. Feeling each heavy footstep as my mind spins with thoughts.

What was I to do? How could I interfere when she looks happier then she's ever been with me. That wide smile, and tinted pink cheeks.

'Dammit'

I clutch my fists as I feel my heart breaking in two.

Not for me. Not for the jealousy or selfishness. For ever hurting someone so pure.

Blood rushes into my veins as I run through the crowd, speeding away from the couple desperately.

I don't deserve her.

(hello author here... lol i haven't slept in days lolol. i have a few ideas for more chapters, this one is super short tho because im sleep deprived. also i might write a lemon for zuko and shiloh o.0 not so pure now hehah)