chapter 39: truce... or not?

Start from the beginning

"I had a good sleep, oppa, thanks!" Jieun smiled as she hurriedly stuffed a whole bunch of egg whites into her mouth, feeling guilty. "Yes, I like it."

No, the eggs were unreasoned, rubbery and gross. Jieun hated every single bit of it.

Seokjin eyed her with a concerned look on his face. "Your expression doesn't say that you like it that much though..."

Jieun gagged and spat the contents in her mouth into the sink. "How does he even eat such things?"

"I don't know-" Seokjin laughed. "By the way, you might wanna clear that up before JK comes back from his run - he won't be happy if he sees that, for sure."

"Oh, right-" Jieun let out an apologetic laugh as she hurriedly grabbed a paper towel to clean up the sink. "How did you know he went for a run though?"

"It's his daily habit to keep fit," Seokjin explained. "When he doesn't have any morning schedule, he has a light breakfast, goes for a run and comes back for a shower before he finally starts his day."

"I was wondering why he gave me so many house rules to follow yesterday," Jieun reflected. "But he seems to set many rules for himself as well."

"Definitely, he's really a very disciplined person," Seokjin said with a smile. "I'm proud of the places that his discipline and hard work has taken him thus far - very, very proud."

Jieun eyed Seokjin for a while, mindlessly taking a sip of the soymilk and almost spitting it out at once.

"Stop drinking it if you don't like it-" Seokjin laughed. "You need some real food? Let's go grab a meal outside."

"Mm..." Jieun thought for a while. "I always eat homecooked meals for breakfast everyday - rice, seaweed soup, egg rolls and banchan... I kinda want that."

"So you wanna go home?"

"Yeah," Jieun said with a sigh. "I need to bring all the banchan I brought here back home too, since I'm now allowed to eat it here."

"Ah, I feel so bad for you-" Seokjin sighed. "But I'm also grateful for your sacrifice, Jieun-ah. I tell you what, let me give you a lift back home."

"Really?" Jieun's eyes lit up. "That would really save me a lot of time on travelling."

"Yeah, really-" Seokjin smiled. "That's the least I could do to thank you for helping our JK, am I right?"

"That's great!" Jieun beamed. "I'll accept it gratefully then, oppa. In that case, you can come in and have a meal with us! I'm sure you're always too busy to sit down for a meal as well - you can take this chance to have a good, balanced homecooked meal."

"It's true that I haven't had homecooked food in a long time-" Seokjin let out a nervous chuckle. "But I'm afraid that if I go home with you... your friend might murder me."

"Oh... Byulyi-unnie?" Jieun burst into laughter. "Maybe y'all can take the chance to talk it over too. I have absolutely no idea why y'all can't seem to hit it off. You're nice, and she's nice too - why do the both of you dislike each other so much?"

"I don't dislike her-" Seokjin laughed. "She's the one who holds a grudge against me for the things I did to her - which by the way, both arose due to misunderstandings. Come to think of it, you're right - maybe we should talk it out a little. For all you know, we could actually be friends."

"The both of you are the same age!" Jieun laughed. "I saw your KakaoTalk profile that day. Byulyi-unnie may be a little hot-headed at times, but she's actually really understanding - she has a logical mind after all, since she's a writer."