chapter 37: a simple request

Mulai dari awal

Chungha looked up from her desk and rose to her feet at once. "Oh- bujang-nim!"

"It's okay - stay seated, please stay seated-" Namjoon smiled as he leaned over her desk, eyeing her screen. "How's the report about sajaegi going?"

Hoseok rose from his seat and approached the two, narrowing his eyes suspiciously as he eyed Namjoon. "It's going good, bujang."

"Ah..." Namjoon smiled awkwardly at Hoseok. "You're here too, Hoseok-ssi."

"Yeah, I'm here too-" Hoseok raised his eyebrows nonchalantly. "Why? Should I be somewhere else instead?"

"Nah-" Namjoon shook his head as he turned away from Hoseok towards Chungha. "Chungha-ssi, you're in charge of the interviewing portion of the report, aren't you? When's the interview happening?"

"Oh, um-" Chungha glanced down at her watch and her eyes widened as she scrambled to her feet at once. "It was scheduled at 7pm so... in about half an hour, oh- I better go now."

"That's what I thought-" Namjoon smiled. "Let me take you there."

Hoseok screeched. "What?"

"What?" Chungha gasped at the same time. "No, bujang-nim - it's alright. I can drive there on my own-"

"It's the company's money you're using on petrol, Kim Chungha-ssi," Namjoon said with a chuckle. "I'm heading in the same direction for a meeting so it'll be more convenient to share a ride. Better for the environment, better for the company."

"Huh?" Chungha hesitated as she glanced at Hoseok. "Alright then-"

Hoseok hurriedly packed up the things on his table and began setting up his camera. "Okay, let's go-"

"Hold on, hold on-" Namjoon held up a hand. "Hoseok-ssi, where are you going?"

"With her, of course?" Hoseok scoffed. "We're partners, I need to film her."

"No, you don't-" Namjoon smiled as he pointed at a document in his hands for Hoseok to see. "Look here - 7.30pm, Jung Hoseok, cover anchor duty."

Hoseok's jaw dropped. "What?"

"I told you a few weeks ago, remember?" Namjoon sighed. "Jisung-ssi took leave, so you have to cover him for his anchor duty at 7.30pm today."

Hoseok grabbed the document from Namjoon's hand and scrutinised it carefully. "You're lying..."

"Don't worry, I'll send your partner safely to her location," Namjoon said with a smile. "Seulgi-ssi is already on her way there from another schedule with a camera, so you don't have to worry. All the best!"

Chungha sniggered softly at Hoseok's face, which had rage written all over.

Hoseok balled his fists. "Bujang-nim, you had this all planned-"

"Chungha-ssi-" Namjoon gestured towards the door with a smile as Chungha picked up her bag. "Shall we?"

"I'll accept your kind offer then, bujang-nim," Chungha said with a grin as she turned back at Hoseok. "See you tomorrow, Hoseok-oppa."