"Anyway, " he said. "Everything has been about me lately. We never talked about you."   

"There's not much to be honest," She sighed, her mind taking a stroll into her past. "My last job didn't work out for me." 

"Are you single?" His eyes were fixed on the road. His voice was too neutral to guess why he asked her that. 

"No!" She said, "Why would you ask that question?' 

He spared her a glance. "We'd be hanging out a lot in the upcoming time. I don't want trouble from your boyfriend, being jealous and nosy and all." 

"Well, I don't. There!" She said politely. 

Edward crossed another intersection and then took two lefts and stopped in front of a three-story building. 

"Where are we?" She asked.

"Kingston Avenue." He answered as he unbuckled his seat belt he saw Estella's seatbelt was stuck. "Let me help you." 

He leaned closer without a warning, and she leaned back in her seat, their shoulder brushing on the way. Edward's head was in front of her, and if she moved, his chin might touch her breast but no matter how much she kept the distance, the proximity was alarming. He smelled fresh, faint odor of sweaty cumin note and a hint of rose. 

"I think I got it," he announced, and there was a small click. He retreated back the same way he came, this time he looked at her. So close, So alluring. 

"Thanks!" She shrugged immediately, turning her head away and was out of the car.  "Why are we here?" 

"Just follow me." He waved his hand to the building. Estella was quietly frowning and went alongside with him and stopped on the third floor, room number six. 

"This is my penthouse." He declared.

Estella stared in amazement. "Nice." 

He unlocked the door and entered and she was right behind him when he flicked on the lights. It was smaller than she had presumed. Walking through a small hallway, she saw on one side was a highly furnished kitchen with all modern equipment and to her right was the living room. The white plastered walls surrounded the space with vintage paintings hanging on them. 

Edward went over to the chocolate couch placed in the living room and searched for a small remote. Estella continued to glance around. 

She heard a beep of A.C. which Edward had turned on and she watched him put the remote back on the rectangular coffee table before slumping on the bean bag, next to the couch. 

"Welcome to my place," Edward said. 

"What are we doing here, Edward?" She was confused as he was supposed to show her the blue prints of his project. 

"Oh, yes, " he finally realized. "The project." 

The next second, he was on his feet. "In here." He indicated at the door constructed on the wall in front of her. 

When the door opened, the light coming from there forced her to shut her eyes. Seconds later, she squinted and adjusted her vision according to the environment. 

Once she was on the other side of the door, the rest of the apartment was in front of her. It was the penthouse's biggest room, its wall made of steel and glass wall went from floor to ceiling. The rays of sunlight were penetrating from every direction. 

But the room was empty, not even a painting or vase except for a huge round mahogany desk and chairs around it to accommodate ten people. 

"This is my office." He said, opening the door for the balcony attached to the room. "Our office."