SUGAR (s.r)

nights for spencer reid are usually this solemn. he repeats the same routine; eat a small dinner, tidy up his apartment, read a few books that he's already memorized, and lies down on his bed and awaits for his cell to ring for the one person he cherishes the most.

her

she left spencer in the middle of the night months ago, hell it might've been a year without him even realizing it. no explanation, no note, nothing. he constantly blames himself for something that he doesn't understand. he ponders on what he possibly could've done for her to just leave. did he fuck up that bad? to this day he still doesn't know. only waits upon a hope that she calls.

sometimes, spencer thought, what exactly was he waiting for? somewhere in the back of his mind told him that he had been waiting for the wrong thing, but because he had been so invested in her, he left his subconscious behind in the dust, pushing that thought far away.

the palm of his hand smooths across his face as he sighs into it, ridding his pain to try and focus on something else. within the silence, he listens to the life outside in the night; the cars driving by, and occasional voice or laugh. laughter. spencer can't remember the last that someone had the humor or well-being to make him laugh, although he did remember.

he got up from his bed, groaning internally at the thought that no matter what he thought about, she couldn't stop crossing his mind. so, he decided to head out, take a breather. even though spencer doesn't like the thought of going out into public alone, or in general, his conscience suggested that it would help.

spencer walked for a long time. up and down the stretch of the streets. any normal person would've gotten lost and forgotten how to return home, but not him. spencer squinted up into the night sky, mesmerized in the stars as he walked. so in depth and in love with the unknown only miles in the sky. he wondered if he'd ever have the chance to make it to the moon, whether in life or deat-

"oomf" was heard whenever he collided with another being. knocking him and themself to the ground. spencer sat up, looking at his unfortunate victim.

you were beautiful. spencer was mesmerized in your eyes, your face. he hoped that you were okay, hoped that the collision wasn't so hard on the other behalf. spencer wondered that since he stared up so long at the stars, that one had fallen down and landed right in front of him, but he hadn't known if that were to be poss-

"are you alright?" spoke the woman. that shook spencer from his thoughts, making him shake his head. "you're asking me if i'm okay?" he laughed. spencer stood up quickly, pulling you up with him. she shrugged whilst brushing herself off, "i don't know, you took a pretty bad fall. i think you knocked your head." she pointed at the swelling bruise above his right eyebrow. he frowned in confusion, bringing a hand up and wincing once he pressed down on it. "see! you did hurt yourself. come on, let's get you come ice." you tugged on his hand, which he still had been holding from when he helped you off the ground.

usually he wouldn't do something like this. let a complete stranger lead him to god knows where, but for some reason it felt right. in the midst of walking, more like trailing behind her, she finally brought up the question of what had been so intriguing whenever he collided into her. "i was looking at the stars," he said sheepishly. they stopped walking as fast whenever they found a neighborhood, not too far from his apartment complex, "i-i don't know why, but they're absolutely beautiful tonight. the way you could count all of them because they shine almost too bright. i've never had the chance to count all of them, but i did try onc-"

soft lips were placed onto spencer's so gently. a quick kiss that he barely even realized happened. he looked down upon you, utterly astonished at the split-second kiss. you yourself had been blushing as much as he was. spencer bent down and kissed you as softly right back. you threw your arms around him, letting him scoop you up in the air, still having his lips locked upon you.

spencer pulled away and opened his eyes, but this time, the both of you were in his apartment. the sun lighting up the apartment just right. you laying across his lap while the television played. he blinked a few times before he looked at you. your hair had gotten longer since the first kiss. your eyes somehow had become brighter. what was this? he thought. you had caught his stare and smiled up at him, covering your face with your hands in embarrassment. spencer felt this urge to pull away your hands, so he did, laying on top of you in the midst and bringing you in. the kiss was sweet. long, but sweet enough to never forget. your hands played with his curly hair and one of his softly rubbed your hip. once you pulled away, you brought your hand up to push his curls out of the way.

"i did this for you, spencer. the reality we share now, i did it for you. do you love me?"

spencer buried his head in the crook of your neck,

"yes."

he hadn't known what this was, or how he ended up here, literally, but he still to this day believed that you were an angel sent down to care for him right before he joined up there with you.

977 words; lovelygubler