Chapter 02

Our housemaids, even Ate Nory and Manang Terentina, were acting strange when I went downstairs to have my breakfast.

They're all acting weird today because as soon as I look at their faces, wide-tooth smiles were suddenly lifted. They look so happy as if something immensely special came up.

Natigilan ako nang husto matapos makita ang parents ko sa dining area. Noong una, hindi ako makapaniwala. Kinurot ko pa ang braso ko at nang napangiwi ako at nakita kong namula ito, na-realize ko na hindi ako nananaginip.

I couldn't stop myself from beaming a childish grin. My heart feels warm because of the thought that I will be with them... even for a few minutes.

I composed myself first and slowly walked towards them like a prim and proper lady because that's what they want me to always do. I wasn't enrolled in John Robert Powers for nothing.

JRP taught me how to behave with people—how to deal with people around the world. It's more on one's behavior in public or within one's family. That's why at a very young age, I learned good manners, right conduct, and even proper etiquette whenever socializing with other people and still practicing it because lack of manners can affect my reputation, especially my parents'.

I made sure that I walked elegantly with good poise—straight back, chin up, and stomach in. Grace and elegance are important for they are the composure of dignity nobleness.

I was about to sit on my chair when I noticed someone, a guy with a large figure, occupying it.

Kumunot ang noo ko. Sino siya?

"Good morning, Vivienne," Mom greeted.

She kissed my cheek so I did the same. I also kissed daddy and greeted him politely.

"Sit here beside me."

I obediently did what she said without taking my eyes off to that guy with a small gauze bandage at the side of his forehead. I slightly frowned as I wander my eyes to his wholeness. But from our distance, I couldn't see his face because he's not lifting his head. He was just silent eating while looking down at his plate.

"Vivienne meet Liam Owen Acosta, he will live here and work for our company as an intern..." Dad said, but I didn't follow what he said next because Liam looked at me. And he has a pair of beautiful blue eyes!

"A pleasure to meet you, Vivienne," Liam said, offering his hand to me with a genuine smile plastered across his face.

My eyes widened when I hear his voice. That voice! I heard it... last night!

I could clearly remember it all. I was scared. It frightened me seeing an eerie silhouette with blazing eyes in front of me so I couldn't think of any but to smashed the frying pan I was holding with full force!

"What the fuck?!" a voice emitted where the pain is evident.

I was taken aback and put down the frying pan without taking my eyes off from that silhouette. When it took a step forward, I ran as fast as I could with my knees literally trembling because of fear. I went upstairs without looking back and locked my door. I was gasping air when I was inside my room. I didn't know what it was because it looks horrifying!

Dad cleared his throat, snapping me out with the thoughts. I didn't know that I was staring too much at him. But what's weird is, he was still smiling at me!

"Nice meeting you, Liam," I said in a clipped tone as I took his hand. After clasping it with his, I immediately took my hand away because I feel so embarrassed right now.

Walang duda, siya iyong hinampas ko ng frying pan kagabi.

Iyon ba ang dahilan kung bakit may gauze bandage siya sa gilid ng noo niya?