Chapter 17

Falling in love.

I was always curious about what it felt like to fall in love before. But, now, I could say that it's indeed amazing. It's a beautiful feeling.

Like experiencing good butterflies in my stomach because of the feeling of excitement whenever I see him.

Like not being able to stop smiling whenever I see him smile.

Like I feel of having a safe space where I can be vulnerable whenever he held my hand.

Like my soul is in full tranquility whenever my eyes met his ocean eyes.

Totoo 'yung sinabi ni Ate Nory. 'Yung kasiyahang ayaw nang matapos pa. 'Yung kasiyahang dinadala ako sa alapaap. Lahat ng iyon, nararamdaman ko tuwing kasama ko si Liam.

He makes me feel safe, seen, and supported all at once.

I always like it better when I'm with him.

I love Liam.

But we're best friends.

I can't love him like how I love him.

Yes, it's beautiful to find that your very best friend is the same person who makes you believe in falling in love. But it's completely different in our situation.

I love him but I can't escape the fact that he loves someone else. And that someone else is not me.

Totoo talaga 'yung sinabi ni Ate Nory. Masayang umibig ngunit, minsan, malungkot at masakit.

'Yung pag-ibig na hindi kayang ibalik.

'Yung pag-ibig na mag-isa.

'Yung pag-ibig na dapat itago na lang.

Kaya dapat ay itago ko na lang.

"Am I doing it right?"

Tila nagising ako sa panaginip nang magsalita si Felix sa tabi ko. When his eyes met mine, he chuckled.

"You're zoning out, Vivienne."

"I'm sorry."

He smiled and slightly shook his head. "It's okay."

From his eyes, I averted my gaze and look at the piano keys in front of us. I'm teaching him how to play it. Matagal na iyong usapan namin na tuturuan ko siya, akala ko hindi na niya maaala. Akala ko lang pala.

"A penny for your thoughts?"

Muli akong napalingon sa kaniya, bahagyang ngumiti at umiling. "Let's continue playing piano na."

"You can talk to me, you know."

I chuckled. "It's nothing, really."

"I'm not buying that."

I pouted and heaved a deep breath. "Okay. Let's put it this way..."

Tumango siya nang marahan, hinahanda ang sarili makinig sa akin.

"I love books and as a reader, I always put my shoes on the shoes of the main character. And there's this main character, a girl, who slowly and silently falls in love with her best friend..."

"Hmm..."

"She didn't know what to do because falling in love is a feeling that is so new to her. It was her first time. And she feels so happy. But, at the same time, she's hurting. She's sad. Because her best friend loves someone else."

He smiled as I felt him hold my hand. Napalingon ako sa kamay niyang nakapatong sa kamay ko. They're above the piano keys that's why it create sounds.

"She's the main character, Vivienne. You'll never know, in the proceeding chapter, her best friend was also in love with her. And they will be the endgame."