Chapter 42 ㅡ Remorses

Start from the beginning

"She just needs her own time, by herself."

My bestfriend. She knows me better than anyone else, including my brother it seemed. She was my voice when I couldn't express myself.

"But we can't let her be depressed like that. I have to do something. I should—"

"No!" Chaeyoung raised her voice and, by the sound of sliding shoes, she also stopped him from coming over. "Just let her breath."

"But—"

"It's really what's best for her right now oppa. I promise you." She stated.

Agreeing, I simply watched the rain fall again, letting their conversation sink in the back of my head as the falling leaves became more interesting.

Gathering around the nurses' station was a daily thing for doctors. However, none of them used to stay there for more than five minutes until Hyejin was the occupant of the room 1.

Jin and Baekhyun joined Chaeyoung and placed their iPad down before turning around to watch the girl. They all crossed their arms as she was still in the same position they left her at.

"She hasn't moved an inch since yesterday morning." Jin observed as his heart shrank at the sight.

"Yeah.." Chaeyoung heaved out a sigh before straightening herself, "You were right, maybe we should go talk to her—"

Jin immediately agreed and followed Chaeyoung's footsteps. The duo was stopped by Baekhyun as he spread his arm forward. They both looked down at him in confusion.

"No. I don't want to put it all on you but she fell into this ever since you guys had this one fight a few days ago." He reminded them in a matter of seconds, "Seeing you now might be the last thing she wants right now."

Baekhyun met his long time friend's eyes and the sadness displayed on his face broke his heart. In fact, remorses were now possessing Jin.

He had never yelled at his little sister, not even when she disconnected the internet while being in the middle of games. It wasn't like him.

Yet, the image of her in an hospital bed made him loose control. It was something he never wished to see and it brought a side of him even he ignored he had inside.

"Maybe you can ask someone to come over? Out of all the good friends you both have, there must be one that will lighten up her mood a little bit. What about Hoseok? He's such a sunshine." He tried causing the two to shake their heads.

"He is but he came over yesterday to bring coffees. She didn't move a hair." Chaeyoung informed.

"I can call Johnny maybe? They seemed to be clicking a lot."

"No. I know who can change the situation." Jin sighed before looking over his shoulder. Chaeyoung was already focused on his words.

"But he left and I tried already. He isn't coming back." She recalled.

"Yeah but it has to be me. I know that for a fact." He declared, his eyes now landing on his little sister. "She wasn't there because of him. But she's surely like this because of me and I have to make it right myself."