𝗖𝗵. 𝟳

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘯 𝘈𝘪𝘳 𝘛𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘯 𝘈𝘪𝘳 𝘛𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

IT HAD BEEN MANY HOURS since the sun had set and the moon had taken its place within the dark sky as it peaked through the fluffy white clouds. Appa navigated himself over ocean waves as he slowly made his way back to the Southern Air Temple... made his way back to their long-forgotten home. Elua sat with the reins in her hands while all three people behind her were fast asleep. She embraced the quietness of the night that surrounded her, but she couldn't tell if she enjoyed it, or if she hated it as it gave her the time to contemplate everything that had happened in the last few days.

"Are you okay?"

A sudden sound of someone's voice made her jump and let out a quiet shout of surprise as she quickly whipped her head around to face whoever it was that had made her life flash before her eyes. Sokka raised his hands up in surrender as he gave her a look of dumbstruck shock from where he kneeled on the other side of the saddle. Elua sighed in relief as she closed her eyes for a moment, placing one of her hands over her chest—where her heart had now begun to race from the sudden adrenaline rush—, and took a deep breath to calm herself back down.

Upon reopening her eyes, Elua glanced over Sokka, and over to where the other two were still—surprisingly—fast asleep, "Sorry," she said as she glanced at the teen in front of her with an awkward smile on her face, "You startled me."

Sokka gave her a sheepish grin as he climbed over the front of the saddle and came to sit beside her, "Yeah... I noticed," he said with a chuckle of nervousness, and then, a quiet silence fell over the both of them.

The young Airbender slowly looked away from the Water Tribe boy as she turned her gaze up towards the sky above them and watched as all of the stars sparkled with a flash of brilliance. It felt impossible to ignore her thoughts and worries. They were going home, but it had been a hundred years, now. What if it all had changed? Everything was probably completely different nowadays. What if it wasn't even there anymore? She had seen just how advanced the Fire Nation had become, meaning, they may have found a way to get to the temples. And, if the Monks really were gone... it would destroy Aang.

"What's on your mind?" Sokka asked, breaking the silence, and catching hold of her attention as she turned her gaze away from the sky and back down at him. He, on the other hand, had already had his eyes set on her with a curious look in them.

"Everything," Elua answered his question simply before she sighed, "I'm mostly worried about Aang," she spoke to him honestly with a faraway glance in her soft eyes.

Sokka frowned in inquiry at her words, "Why? You're both going home," he said as he leaned back against the saddle with his arms loosely crossed over his chest.