─𝙤. 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝘌𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘉𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄𝘌𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘉𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴

𝟬 𝗔.𝗚.

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

THE SOUTHERN AIR TEMPLE was covered in its nightly layer of darkness with the light of the moon peeking out from behind clouded skies and shining down onto the reaching rooftops as a young woman made her way through hushed hallways. She attempted to be as silent as possible while she walked through the inactive corridors, but her footsteps betrayed her, appearing to be twice as loud as they normally would have been with each step taken sounding louder than the last. This wasn't going to stop her from getting to where she needed to be, though. She knew that it was simply just the silence of the night that made everything seem louder than it would have in the daylight.

          There was a candlestick within her hand—made out of brass and shined like a golden mirror to reflect licks of flames—that she firmly held onto with her thumb and forefinger slipped through the small looped handle to keep it from falling from her grasp. Its warm orange flames flickered while it lived as her only source of light within the entirety of the hallways she walked through, however, she didn't seem to be reliant on its brightness to find her way through such twists and turns... Her cedar grey eyes did not stray far from the path set before her as she effortlessly navigated her way through the halls without a second glance or thought. She had walked these corridors many times before this.

          Her footsteps soon came to a stop. She had arrived at a wooden door near the end of a hallway, stationed on the second level of the temple that was filled with either sleeping or meditating monks, Air Nomads; people she had begun to refer to as 'her people'. It was not as if she ruled them, but simply that they had raised her, along with her younger brother, and gave her a sense of belonging.

          She took in a deep breath that filled her lungs with the chilly midnight air while she turned her gaze downward and away from the door in front of her. She watched as the flame from the candle before herself flickered in the air as its heat melted the wax and caused drippings to fall into the curved dish below it, releasing the subtle smell of ginger and jasmine into the breeze that swept through the robes that were draped over her body.

          All she could focus on was the mesmerizing candlelight, a heart that drummed against her ribcage like a tanggu, and the sound of blood that pumped through her veins and caused her ears to ring. There was no denying that she was nervous. Extremely nervous.

          Her eyes drifted back up towards the door in front of her as she released the air still lingering within her lungs. She raised her free hand, noticing its slight shake as she set a gentle, yet sturdy, knock upon the dark lumber frame. Then, she stood within the silence that followed her actions, waiting for someone to open the door from the other side of it, only... no one ever arrived to complete the expected task. The absence of such made a frown of confusion form between her brows. It was rather unusual of him to not answer the door.