31| The First Date

"Maybe I shouldn't wear this," I mumbled to myself for the twentieth time. I was standing in front of my floor length mirror, debating if I should wear this new dress or not.

The dress I bought was not something I usually wore. It had a very low top with two thin shoulder straps. The bottom had black lace that went all the way around. And it was short. I knew Wyatt would like it, but still...this was a little risque.

On one hand, I was going for the whole shock and awe thing. One the other, I felt a little out of my comfort zone. At least my hair and makeup looked decent. My hair was being held up by pins. It was curly and I had one hanging by my face. My black heels finished the outfit. 

I was so nervous I didn't know if I was going to be able to eat dinner tonight. I still had no idea where he was taking me. No. Idea. He assured me that I wouldn't be disappointed and would enjoy myself. I didn't have a reason to doubt him. I just hoped this dress didn't draw too much unwanted attention. 

Knock-knock-knock

"Shit. Here we go." I grabbed my clutch that contained my cellphone, wallet, and keys before I walked to the door. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. When I opened it...my jaw dropped. "Wyatt...you look—"

He couldn't seem to find words either as he ran his gaze all over my body. He was wearing black dress pants with a dark blue dress shirt that was rolled up his forearms. His hair was slicked back and he looked fucking good.

"Lia..." His eyes met mine and he let out a nervous laugh. "Any way we can skip the dinner and stay in?" 

I giggled at his obvious intentions. "No, we can't." I bit my lip and gestured to my dress. "I bought this dress so you could show me off." 

"I don't want to show you off." His eyes were dark. Wanting. "I don't want other men to see you in that." 

I've never seen this...possessive side to him. I kind of liked it. "Oh, yeah?" I closed the small distance between us and put my mouth to his ear. "Just remember, Wyatt—you're the only one who has seen, touched, tasted, and fucked what's underneath this dress." 

He groaned and shuttered as I traced the shell of his ear with my tongue and gently tugged the lobe between my teeth. He cupped the side of my face. "Fucking right I'm the only one. No one else." 

"No one else," I reassured him. 

He gave me a hard, sound kiss; clearly staking his claim on me. I didn't mind.

"Let's go," he breathed against my lips. "I have a surprise for you after dinner." 

I shut and locked my door. "I love surprises." 

"I know," he said with a wink. 

After we got into his car, it was a quick drive to the restaurant. When we pulled into the parking lot, I was stunned. "This is The River Café."

"Yes it is." We got out of the car and he reached for my hand. I laced my fingers with his as he led me to the entrance. 

The restaurant was right next to the bridge and located on the water. It was very expensive and, form what I've been told, hard to get into. Even though my dress was suitable for this place, I still felt underdressed. 

"Mr. Thorne," the maitre'd  said all formal like. "Welcome. We are so glad you could make it tonight." 

"Thank you, Henry. Is our table ready?" 

"Yes, sir. Right this way."

We followed Henry to a table that was on the terrace. It was secluded from the others and I was grateful for the privacy. Wyatt pulled out my chair for me before taking a seat himself. He ordered some wine for us and slipped Henry what looked like a one hundred dollar bill.