Chapter 23: G R A T I F Y

[to afford pleasure to; indulge; humor]

"You could have skipped work, you know. I told you I was more than willing to give you another week off, Son." Horror had lingered on Tony Khan's face as she made her way to his office.

It had been almost three days since the sentencing of John Hennigan, life had been chaos for her since the very day. Life had been a whirlwind for herself and for every single individual that was forced to get involved because of it. She was looked on differently now, she was still weighing whether or not it was admiration or pity for everything she had experienced.

Things at home had been better, planning to have another child was now in their line of plans for the following year. After everything that has happened and the ghost they had finally put to rest, they both needed the semblance to finally go back to something they were all so used to.

"I'm taking the entire month off by January, don't worry." She teased, her mind already thinking of the planned honeymoon getaway she had with her husband that came along with their plans for next year.

"Go. Enjoy as much time as you can. God know how busy we would be by next year when everything is set in stone."

She smiled, already knowing where he was coming from in the news. It was an open secret in the board room that her lawsuit against her ex had also been a blessing in disguise. It made her family look bad in the face of investors, how they had taken the side of an abuser over their own daughter just because he was a top star of the company.

Winds have finally turned to their favour and they were going to use it to their advantage as much as they possibly could. With everything going on, this was just the start of what AEW was capable of doing with their rival already crippled without one of their top stars and more so knowing they have ruined their own reputation with their own doing, her own father's doing above everything else.

They had once painted her as the monster, but now it was far more different, they were shown to be the far more dangerous monster in all of this. She was exposed more than she would ever think of being, in front of Tony, the company, and to anyone else that had ever looked at her differently in the past.

"I want to plan something big for the company, think of it as our version of Wrestlemania." She pointed out. "I got a contact with Madison Square Garden and they are willing to let us make a few shows there if ever we would need to."

The news had brighten the face of her friend. It was an opportunity,

"Think we're ready to fill up an entire arena with twenty thousand people?"

She was ballsy so early on their upcoming plans, but Cody had done it. Jon and herself, had agreed to make some guesting in their Being the Elite show to make sure they can foreshadow the possibility of it. They were in the planning stage but with a machine like AEW finally on their side, they are able to make all of it a reality.

"We can sell out the entire show." She smirked confidence already running high. "And now that I think about it, that's one of the few reasons why I went straight to your office." She smirked.

"Always bringing me good news, Son."

"I think that's the first time ever said that about me, I'm often call the bearer of bad news." She teased.

"No. It's all good news."

"Awesome, but the other thing I was here for is about storyline. I saw Jericho still doesn't have another contender for this title after Cody, what's the plan?"

"About that." The man winced shutting his laptop and giving her his full attention. "We may or may not have decided that Jon might be the next contender."