Chapter 4: C O M P E N S A T E

[to recompense; make amends for]

"You sure about just giving it all away?" Joshua Sinclair had been both the most cunning man she had met as well as the most annoying one, somehow she was uncertain if what bothered her most in the given situation.

"It's not really giving. I'm just returning what isn't really meant to me." she explained pinching the bridge of her nose. Her free hand rubbing her temples as the stress has finally got the best of her.

"Please let me make you understand the implications of what you want to happen, Darling." Joshua sighed placing all the folders that would mean either the doom of WWE or the rivalry the company would have with the one she could finally call her own: AEW.

She stared at the contracts for a moment, wondering at this very moment if it is the right thing to do.

"You are the Part-Owner and CEO of WWE, you hold to nearly the majority shares of the company which includes NXT and even TNA. You are willing to just sign evert contract to give it all away?"

"Give TNA back to Dixie. Don't hand it to WWE. That's a separate entity on it's own. I'm not that generous to those bastards." She muttered bitterly.

She stood from her office chair and made her way out to her kitchen for a cup of water, a smile breaking from her face at the sight of her daughter Samantha already awake from her nap. Forgetting her cup of water, her hands immediately taking hold of her daughter and lifting her up to her chest.

Her deep blue eyes staring right back at her in interest. Small hands taking hold of her chestnut hair, she was constantly mumbling to which made her chuckle, she was learning and failing to say a single thought but in due time she would. It had been a running joke between her and her lawyer the possibility that Samantha would accidentally have a Hackney accent like Joshua's mother due her times mostly spent with the sweet old woman.

With her daughter in her arms, she returned back to her office to where Joshua was patiently waiting. A smile now appearing on his face at the sight of the baby in her arms.

"What are you doing up so early, little girl?" Joshua questioned making her daughter giggle and reach out for Joshua to which she had allowed and it gave her the opportunity to think back to the implications of returning everything back to her father.

"He should have been dead, you know." Joshua pointed out sensing her apprehension.

"We both thoughts he was. But the bastard wasn't giving up without a fight. More so when he found out I was using him more than anymore else back then."

"He's going to get back at you, one of this days. He made it evident when he found out your involvement in AEW."

"Then so be it." She shrugged. "I'm not afraid of him anymore."

"What about everyone part of the company?"

"I don't control them with whatever happened to them. If they don't want to be in WWE then leave. I can't guarantee if they will be placed in AEW. We're not an adoption home for the unloved."

It was cold for her to say such words, but then again, she needed to be as such. She wanted a new life, she can't bring so much people in her new life if she could allow it.

"But they would attempt to stop it."

She smirked, it was now a thing of pride she was playing fire with. It burns each and every single one of them to know she was doing better without WWE on her back. She was making something for herself without the constant reminder of WWE there to haunt her. It was a threat that they could never fight off, no matter how much they wanted to.