Chapter 22: S E N T E N C E

[a judgement, opinion, or decision; judgement pronounced by a court]

Day five of the trial and it had become crazier and crazier as time goes by. Fatigue was manifesting both herself and her husband that just got back from his flight from a show for AEW. He was just as tired as she was with everything going on, but they needed this, knowing that this would finally be the start of their new beginning.

For the past few days, everyone was hounded with reporters knowing this was one of the biggest scandal that WWE has faced, more so knowing it was the owner's own daughter being placed in all of this. It was true circus and after all the evidence was placed, with doctor's reports and numerous Rape Kit results added in, she was still in question with herself if she can move past all of this, more so when she accepted Joshua's request to add some of the videos Johnny had recorded of them together, some of which had her screaming for him to stop. It was hard to know everything in her life was now made more public that it had ever been.

And to think, that the very videos and files that Stephanie had used to pull her away from her husband would be the very thing to finally end all of her nightmares once and for all.

"There you are." Joshua greeted as soon as she and Jon had escaped the mob of reporters outside. "Your son, Jojo and even Mr. Tony Khan are in attendance."

"What?" she questioned, her mind immediately going to her daughter, where was she in all of this. She had feared that her own daughter would be used against her in such a critical time especially when a verdict and sentencing was now to be placed after her statement.

"Don't worry. Kyle and Mrs. Khan had held the fort for all of us." Joshua winked. "Are you excited, Darling?"

"No. I just placed a target on my back for WWE to just shoot when they could."

"Oh, I am ahead on you on that worries." Joshua winked handing a stack of paper.

Scrolling through the pages, numerous names of numerous former and current female superstars in WWE were listed. It were files of complaints against several of the individuals they had worked with, doctors, referees and even her own father was listed in the complaints.

"They will be too busy with this to get to you." Joshua assured. "What you did today, for almost a week had opened doors for the men and women that never had a voice in the company. They have it now." He smiled.

Her heart ached for each of the names she had read in the list. She had talked to most of them in her tenure in the company, knew the hardship of the circumstance in their line of work—to add more hardship because of predators that they were forced to work for day in and day out.

Vince's negligence of his company and his own employees reflected in how he had treated her, his own daughter in the given situation. It was finally the downfall that WWE would finally have.

"Make sure the prosecutors accept no form of bride or hush moneys." She pointed out.

"Duly noted. I mean this would be a big break to them if the time ever comes."

She nodded finally making their way inside to where she did catch glimpse of Tony Khan, joining her older brother, as well as her son Reid and Jojo. The tears gleaming his eyes as he stared at her, it broke her heart to know he had to know from the world everything that has ever happened to her. This was the very thing she and even Jon had tried so hard to hide.

"Hi." Reid smiled wrapping his arms around his mother.

Sonya closed her eyes savouring the warmth of her son around her. It was a hard thing to be a part of, but it was finally coming to an end.