Chapter 15: U N I O N

[the act of uniting, or making one; combination]

"I'd never thought I'd see they day where Jon Moxley would be so pussy whipped like he is now."

She was still feeling as much of the glow as she was even as she was bombarded with notifications. Only yesterday did her son post a picture of all of them during the ceremony. Even in the simple officiation, she had overshadowed her sister's own wedding which would take place in a month's time. It was the first time Sam was shown in the public and acknowledged as her daughter with Jon. Chaos continued to manifest all throughout it all, her group chat with the likes of Tony Khan and the rest of the Vice President was just amusing in its own right, everyone jokingly offended for not being invited to the wedding as promised.

She was living under the shadow as people now begin to question what was really going on in her life, the life she had hid from everyone including her own family. She refused to answer anyone's text, including her parents'. It wasn't the right time or place for them to interfere with her life anymore and she was to do everything in her power to make sure it stays that way.

A smile couldn't help but linger on her lips seeing Jon on child duty for tonight's AEW show. With him still unable to compete as his elbow was still healing up, it was his turn to keep an eyes on their daughter while she works the show.

"I'm paid to babysit, isn't that right, Princess?" Jon teased with brows raising dirtily, mind already in the gutter at such an early time of the day for everyone.

"You're an idiot."

"I'm your idiot." He winked kissing her cheeks before excusing himself and Sam, both of them making their way to the ring.

Sonya was left smiling almost far too goofy for anyone that had come to know her since her involvement with AEW. This was the first time anyone had come to realize the little goodness that was left in the youngest of the McMahon siblings. It was in the form of her love for Jon Moxley and Samantha Good.

"How is the newly and secretive weds doing?" Tony asked hugging his business partner and confidant as soon as her attention was now away from her family.

"As much as finding Moxley a replacement was much of a headache for the two of us, I think it gave us the time to actually handle everything—and just get married." She shrugged knowing it was more than what she leads on, but it wasn't something she was willing to share—at least not yet.

"Well as long as it makes you happy, Son. We're happy for you." Tony assured and it was all she needed.

Meeting for the rest of the day were the usual, her mind and attention never stirring away from her husband and daughter knowing each were in good hands. Her attention was however on Reid and Jojo, who were to be doing commentary and announcing respectively today. She was still nervous about how her son would react to the new environment he was placed in.

It was when night fell and the doors have come opening for the night did the true chaos come alive. Sonya was to handle tonight's show with Tony and Cody alongside her, only during bathroom breaks and a quick snack did she see the sight of Jon and Sam, both watching the show. It had become amusing for her to see Jon actually covering Sam's eyes when the spots were too violent.

"Son of a bitch." She bursts out laughing at the sight in front of her when the show finally ended.

Jon was in one of the benches inside the men's locker room, with Sam resting on his chest. Both have fallen asleep since they did arrive in the arena in the early hours of the morning. It was surprise that their daughter wasn't as cranky with Jon as she had first thought she would. Her daughter had been far too invested in Jon that it finally made her realize that without saying it, both were trying to make up for lost time.