when reality hits

I pull up at school and a load of girls rush to my car crowding my vision with their short skirts and low tops. I get out of my B.M.W and make my way to my best mates David and Mark. They both had girls on their arms hanging on to their every word. Wait, I know those girls. Their names are Chloe and Ellis. What are they doing with my boys and a more important question ever the hell is their 'leader'. I turn to find her sitting cross legged on her mini Cooper reading a book. She looks so beautiful when the light hits her just right. Winne Watson. Head of the out casts and the girl I've been secretly crushing on for the last year. Not that I would ever go there, that would seriously destroy my reputation. I'm the most popular guy at this school and the girls practically fall at my feet...Well most do anyway. Well you guessed it Winne likes to zone out when I talk to her. Yeah and I thought crushing on her was bad for my Rep, I guess it's just the girl I general.

Winne pulls her long blond hair away from her deep blue eyes. She looks up and meets my gaze sending me a dirty look I smerk back causing her to roll her eyes and carry on with her reading. She looks up again and sends me an annoyed look with a screen unspoken challenge. I have no idea what the challenge is however I accept it anyway and grin like smug cat. The bell goes and I watch her slide off the car hood and walk over to us

"Girls let's go" she says grabbing both of their hands whilst ignoring their protests

"See ya Watson" I call out giving her a wink before she walks round the corner. I turn back to my boys and shoot them a look that says 'them girls, really?' Mark smerks whilst David blushes. What is up with that?

"So, Levi you ready for the game tonight?" Mark asks as we walk to our first class. Shit. I totally forgot.

"Yeah I'm ready. Against westerly high, our victory is all but set in stone" I laugh knowing we could beat them with our eyes closed.

As we walk to maths, I catch her in the corner at the back with her ear phones in and reading a book. She is perfect. Suddenly she looks up at me and rolls her eyes then returning them to her book. I smile even though she hates me I can't help but not when I see her.

Five minutes into class the door swings open and in walks Elliot James. The schools bad boy and the cheerleaders current interest. He flicks his dirty blond hair out of his eyes and makes his way to the back next to Winne. She smiles fondly at him and he replys by reaching over and taking one of her ear phones and putting it in his own ear. As if my jealous streak wasn't angry enough he takes her hand in his and moves a piece of her golden locks away from her eyes. As you can see the schools bad boy is obviously the current boyfriend of a certain Winne Watson for about two years. God I hate that boy!

The rest of the lesson goes like this, me giving Elliot a death stare, Winne and Elliot being all cute and oblivious to the class, the two love birds getting a detention, then having Elliot charm his way out of the detention, then the bell went. So here I am now sitting with Mark on the hood of my car talking about shit for our free period. I look over to find Winne sitting on her usual stone wall with Elliot between her legs smiling at her with so much adoration and love it makes me let go of the grudge I have against him and leave them be. It finally makes me want to move on and find someone who makes me feel like that right now I know that I shouldn't be getting into something like that because it is special and I know nothing could change the way they look at each other right now.