Sometimes alcohol helps!

"Olivia!" I call to my best friend and room mate who was currently eating a bowl of cereal whilst sitting cross legged on our kitchen counter.
"What Ruby!" She shouts with her mouth full so it comes out muffled.
"We're going out tonight!" I yell grabbing my make up from the living room as I walk around in short pyjama shorts and a vest top.
"What? Why?" My silver haired friend asks putting down her bowl and jumping down from her usual eating seat which was absolutely not made for sitting on. Admittedly I knew why she was surprised seeing as it was already eight thirty and it usually takes at least a whole day of preparation and thought to think about what we are going to wear and how we were going to do our hair and make up, however seeing as I just saw Bradley's snapchat of him with pre drinks at his buddy Ryan's I think I'm allowed this exception especially when I know exactly where the pair will be tonight.
"Check brads snapchat then start curling your hair, were leaving at half ten!" I call out quickly running to start up my straighteners for my chocolate brown locks.

About an hour later Liv walks through in her underwear with her hair all curled and make up all done apart from her lipstick.
"Ruby, you got that strapless black bodysuit?" She asks making a beeline for my closet with a determined grin on her face.
"Yeah it's hanging up!" I tell her as I finish up the last of my highlighter.
"Thanks girl!" She grins as she pulls it on before dropping onto my unmade bed with a dramatic sigh. "You sure about this? It's your first night out since you guys broke up, shouldn't you be crying with a tub of ice cream watching the notebook or something?" I roll my eyes at that and get up looking for one certain dress that I know Brad could never resist.
"Yes Liv, he said he needed space, wether that's from me or girls in general I'm not giving it to him!" I grin as I slide on my red skin tight strapless plunge dress which ended mid thigh.
"Okay, I get it. Just don't do anything too stupid" my best friend sighs as she leaves my room leaving the door open so I can still talk to her whilst she finishes getting ready in her own room and I pull on my black lace up heels in mine.
"I don't want him back just yet, I just want him to know he's still mine and that no other girl in the club will compare. After he's gonna have to work to get me back!" I huff as I run my hands through my hair giving it volume before spritzing myself with the Armani SI perfume that he always loved and drove him crazy with lust.
"Okay so that means you're coming home with me tonight not him alright!" Olivia demands making me roll my eyes with a grin.
"Yes mom!" I get up and look at the blonde girl in front of me who was wearing my strapless/backless bodysuit with black leather pants and black block heeled ankle boots, we both looked hot and the both of us automatically felt in the mood for a good night, the one where you stumbled home at four in the morning with either a kebab or chicken nuggets in your hand half eaten and half left for the next morning. Liv passes me a shot of tequila before we drink it in one, both of us grimacing from the burn in our throats and foul taste of alcohol on our tongues, I smile and pass back the glass so I could grab my money, phone, ID and whatever make up or perfume I would need for the night, stuffing it into my small clutch bag and taking a quick picture to put on my snapchat so my ex could clearly see I was going to be out tonight and looking hot! I walk into the kitchen to find multiple shots and Olivia's speakers blaring out 'Charlie Puth's attention' as she shakes her ass sipping down a drink, clearly buzzed from the shots she took whilst waiting for me.
Countless shots, seven snapchat pictures and a taxi ride later me and Liv were infront of our favourite night club 'the nest' we ignore the queue and walk to the bouncer Colin and smile.
"Good evening Colin!" I grin knowing he'll let me straight through, he loves me!
"Ruby! Liv! Go on through girls, bring me a drink!" He winks making us giggle and nod before walking up the stairs that are pretty lethal when you're too drunk to even function properly. The club was already dense with sweaty strangers grinding to the recent hit the dj was blaring through the speakers, I spot Bradley and Ryan straight away in their usual booth closest to the bar that was always reserved for Ryan seeing as he owned the night club, they had a few other guy friends around them that I knew as Auden, Jamie and Nate, whilst there was also three girls sitting with them desperately trying to get the boys attention but getting ignored completely by them as they took shots and joked around. I made the first move as I walked up to the guys with a confident smirk as Liv followed beside me glaring at the obvious bottle blonde trying to get Auden's attention, the same Auden who has been on and off with Olivia since early last year.
"Hey guys! I called out making all the boys look up with smiles and smirks. I keep my eyes on Bradley who was looking me up and down with hooded eyes and his plump bottom lip in between his perfectly white teeth. He doesn't look surprised to see me, not that I was expecting him to be, I made prof of that when I saw he had seen my snapchat story before I got out of the taxi to here, that boy knows me like the back of his hand and he knew I would be here for a night out.
"Ruby! Liv! Sit down! I'll get you a drink!" Nate called out with a drunk smile forcing one of the girls who he was ignoring to stand up and leave the booth.
"That's you're cue to leave!" Jamie called out to the girl on his right with the frizzy black hair and pink lipstick on her teeth. The girls eyes widened and a heavy blush developed on her cheeks from embarrassment of being dismissed to blatantly before she got up quickly giving me and Liv a quick glare as she scurried off with her friend. As for the third and final girl who's hand was blatantly traveling across Auden's thigh and getting pushed away by the boy who couldn't be less interested I decided to leave Liv to her.
"A double vodka and redbull Nate and a double vodka and Coke for Ruby please" Liv orders for me whilst she keeps her eyes on the only girl left in the booth. I watch with a smirk as I know exactly how Liv can be with girls who touches what she believes to be hers. "As for you would you please get your skank ass hands off of him!" She glares as the other blonde whips her head round to stare at my best friend. Auden watches with a sly grin like me as he secretly loves it when Olivia went a little psycho over him.
"Um excuse me?!" The stranger exclaims in a sickly high voice that made me want to rip out her voice box so I would never be able to hear that sound ever again.
"Did I fucking stutter bitch!" Liv grins in a fake calm voice before the girl takes her hand off of Auden. But makes no move to leave. "Why are you still here?!" Liv spits making the girl scramble up and allowing Olivia to take her place and stealing a sip of the drink in Auden's hand.
"Thanks babe I've been trying to get her to leave for the past twenty minutes!" Auden chuckles wrapping his arm around his sort of girlfriend and kissing her temple allowing her to calm down. Jamie gets up talking about finding mate and getting him to buy him a drink so I take the opportunity to grab his place beside my ex boyfriend who was speaking to Ryan up until now.
"Good evening Bradley" I smile innocently as I lean in to speak to him purposely so he could smell the perfume he loves so much.
"Hello Ruby" he turns to me abandoning his chat with Ryan who starts talking to Liv and Auden. The way he licks his bottom lip tells me he's already pretty drunk and isn't currently thinking about the consequences of being so close to me.
"Oh sorry am I too close, I know you need your space" I smirk at my own petty actions as I get up to move before he grabs my hand and forces me to sit down.
" nope I think you should sit closer if I'm honest, space is pretty over rated!" He grins forcing me to sit so our thighs are touching and so he could smell the perfume fully.
"Drinks, m'ladies!" Nate calls out passing mine and Liv's drinks to us as he takes his own from Jamie who took his seat beside me and Nate next to Liv. We thank them and enjoy the banta and laughs thrown around the booth whilst I notice brad get more handsy the more he drinks. Not that I was complaining, that is the reason why I was here anyway.
By one am we were all on the dance floor dancing to whatever was hot at the moment, Nate had found a small petite red head to spend the night with, Ryan spent his time speaking to his staff and making sure to help out whenever he was needed and Jamie was sandwiched in between two girls who was just as intoxicated as he was. Auden and had opted for making out in the booth after like six songs of dancing rendering their sexual tension too suffocating. As for me I'm currently grinding on my ex boyfriend as his hands wandered across my body and his lips were dragged across my neck making me grin with satisfaction.
"You're so sexy Ruby!" His voice was husky as our hips moved with every beat, the friction between us was making my heart race and palms sweat his lips were so close and I was craving them like I do a carton of ice cream on a hot summers day. "You know I love this perfume!" He grunts nuzzling his nose into the crook on my neck and taking a deep breath making me giggle drunkly as we continue to dance blindly to the music. He looks up at me again with a smile so much more intoxicating than any of the alcohol we just consumed then he bends his head down allowing his lips to meet mine, admittedly his kisses were sloppy and not as good as I know them to be however they still have my the biggest butterflies, especially when I could feel his lips smile faints my own as he pulled me closer to deepen the kiss. And okay maybe I was lying when I said I didn't want him back so soon because gosh when he kissed me I knew I needed to be his once again and that in one short week I came to tealise how much I had missed his hands on my body or his lips on mine. He pulled away and gave me a big goofy smile making his dimples show and his brown eyes sparkle, his light brown hair was sticking up in all directions and he had dark red lipstick all over his mouth but the boy still stopped my heart with that look. He kissed me again as a faster song came on, our hips still moving and alcohol still strong on our tongues as they danced together in a hungry kiss.
By two thirty Olivia had rounded up our small group and had us exiting the club that was now less packed but still pretty busy as she demanded chicken nuggets, Bradley held my hand tightly as we wove ourself through people and said goodbye to the bouncers for another night, Nate was walking with the same girl he was dancing with at the start of the night however Jamie was holding a compleatly different girls hand from the two he was grinding on in the club. Ryan was on the phone to his girlfriend as he was stumbling a little from his free drinks he allowed himself from his night club. Liv was happily clinging to Auden as he carried her on his back and held her shoes which she took off the second we walked out of that place.
"So where to? McDonald's or the kebab shop?" Bradley asked as he pulled me in close and wrapped his arm around me.
"Kebab shop! Their chicken nuggets are nicer than McDonald's!" Liv cheered before pointing to I nodded in agreement as Brad guided me there from under his arm which took longer than it should considering we had to stop to check everyone was with us and not throwing up in the nearest bushes, when I got to the shop I pulled my shoes off and handed them to Brad who in return passed me a pair of black trainer socks with his face blushed slightly, it was an act he used to do for me when we were together and it made my drunken heart swell at the thought of him remembering and thinking of me when he was sober.
"Um, I guess some habits never die, I um saw your story and instinctively put these in my pocket..." I smile up to him and give him a sweet kiss on the lips before pulling on the socks with a blissful smile. I could hear Liv ordering nuggets and suddenly I felt the craving for a kebab, I stood up to the counter tip toeing slightly to look at the board even though I knew what I was going to get.
"One large lamb Donner kebab, no salad with garlic sauce and a large portion of cheesy chips with salt and vinegar!" I order grinning to Bradley and he laughs at my regular order and reaches over to pay when I take too long getting the money out of my bag. "Hey I was going to pay for that!" I pout up at him causing him to chuckle and bend down and kiss me quickly.
"I know, but I made a promise to never allow you to pay for food if I was around!" He states before bringing me into a cuddle whilst I grumble about paying for my own goddamn food!
"Awh! I want cheesy chips too!" Olivia cries as she orders a portion of cheesy chips to add with her nuggets whilst Auden gives the man the money and Olivia smiles up to the boy she loves before attaching him with a big hug.
"Your order ma'am!" The guy at the counter calls as he hands me my food.
"Thank you!" I beam at him like he just gave me a million bucks. Me and Bradly share the food kissing in between bites but leaving half as we both know I will most definitely eat this when I wake up tomorrow morning with a hangover and craving for greasy food!
"I'm an idiot Ruby!" Bradley whines in my shoulder as he cuddles up to me. "I don't need space from you! I could never need space from you! I love you and I am so sorry!" He cries holding me close, my drunken brain can't properly function what he's saying so I just shh him and pet his beautiful hair. "I knew I shouldn't have broken up with you, I regretted it the moment I broke it off, I am so in love with you and I was scared of you hurting me so I pushed you away before you could but that hurt so much I couldn't stand being away from you!" He sobbed all in one breath and that time I knew exactly what he said. "Will you please take me back baby, I know I don't deserve it but I am so in love with you!" He looks me deep in the eyes pleading me and I know he's telling the truth, a drunk mans words are a sober mans thoughts after all.
"Well duh! I love you too idiot!" I grin pulling him close to kiss him, he wraps his arms around me and kisses back with a kiss so magical my toes tingled. We broke the kiss and looked over to see only four of our friends left, Liv was feeding Auden one of her chicken nuggets as she ate her cheesy ships, Jamie had somehow lost the girl he was with in the space of two minutes and Nate looked like he was ready to ditch the girl he was with, now finding her incredibly annoying and clingy as he had sobered up a little.
"Where's Ryan?" Brad asked as he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close.
"He went home a couple minutes ago, he said bye but you were to busy to notice" Auden told us before cooing to Olivia as she blows an a hot chip before popping it into her mouth with a satisfied grin. The kebab shop was starting to get really busy and Nate walked over with and urgent look on his face.
"We need to leave now guys! Rosie just bumped into one of her friends, that gives me like thirty seconds to get the hell out of here!" He tells us before grabbing Jamie's wrist and running out of the glass doors. I let out a giggle and grab my food and my boyfriends wrist as he awkwardly holds onto my bag and shoes in one hand. Liv and Auden are not too far behind as we all jump into the taxi that Nate hailed for us, Auden just manages to close the door when that Rosie girl came rushing out of the doors trying to find Nate. I burst into giggles as she walks back into the shop, non sober me unable to contain my laughter at that poor girls pouty look when she realised she had been ditched. Soon enough the whole gang was laughing which was pretty nasty if we're honest however we were all still too drunk to really care or stop, we got to Nate's flat before he paid the whole cab fee with a £20 note and pulled Jamie out with him who was still quietly giggling to himself about the whole situation. The taxi took off again to our place and my eyes started to droop I cuddled up to Bradley and he kissed my head softly mumbling about how happy he was to have me in his arms again. We got to mine and Liv's flat and we jumped out of the taxi and into the block of flats, walking up the stairs until getting to our one, Olivia opened the door and ran inside dropping her food onto the counter and stripping out of her trousers and body suit leaving her in her underwear, not the first time the boys have seen her like that and it undoubtedly won't be the last. Auden picked up her clothes and threw them into our wash bin before taking off his shoes and jacket and leaving Liv's stuff on the counter, they both mumble a goodnight to me and brad before retreating to Liv's messy bedroom.
"Let's go to bed" my boyfriend mutters plopping my stuff down beside Liv's and turning the lights off before leading us to my room. Once the door closed I start pulling off my dress and grab my makeup removal wipes.
"You know, I was going to make you work to get me back! But you and your goddamn dimples threw that plan out of the window!" I tiredly inform him as I change into one of the tops he left at mine for me to sleep in.
"I would've worked for it, hard. I still will if that's what you want!" He unbuckles his jeans slipping them off before pulling his top over his head.
"Nah, I'd miss you too much! You're lucky I love you!" I yawn climbing into bed as Brad turns the light off.
"I am, very lucky! And I love you too!" He makes his way over to the bed in the darkness then pulls me close once he's comftable In the covers.
"Good night Bradley" I whisper cuddling him close.
"Good night Ruby" we both fall asleep to the calming rhythm of each others heart beat and soft breathing. What started out as a way to get back at my ex, just saved our relationship. And I couldn't be happier.

Okay so this is probably the first actual short story I've posted in ages.... well actual post that I've posted in ages but hey whatever, it's not like anyone reads anyway... okay but if you are thank you for reading and supporting if you do also I apologise about the little sad post a while back there's this guy and well basically he's really fucked with my head but no matter!!!! Please tell me if anyone actually reads these because it would actually mean so much to me!!! Anyways that's all see you when I next get inspiration... oh I almost forgot, my inspiration for this story was the song attention by Charlie puth which I actually included in my story okay byeee

~ scarlet xoxo