Deep red in my vains

WARNING BEFORE ANYONE READS!!!! THIS SHORT STORY HAS DEPRESSING THOUGHTS AND SELF HARM!! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

I look at my reflection blankly. My long black hair falls down my shoulders dead straight, the darkness of it washes my ghostly skin out, if that is even possible with my paleness. The deep purple bags under my grey eyes tell the world my disordered sleeping patterns. My small red lips are tugged down at the corners like always, however the natural red contrasts to the rest of me, of my life. I breathe in deeply and breathe out, hoping it would relive me of my pain in life. Some people would say I'm pretty, however I could never believe them. Especially with this purple bruise on my right cheek bone. I ease my hand and press down lightly on the damage, sucking in my breathe sharply and wincing as I do. I quickly drop my hand away from my battered face and to the sharp object in my other hand. The metal is cool against my over heated fingers as I move the razor from Palm to palm. I promised myself I would stop all of this, it was at that time when I asked myself what the problem was, ever cutting at all or not citing deep enough. I look down at my wrists to see the jagged pink scars, still healing from the last time I got hit. I run my thumb across the latest scar, at this moment I felt as if the answer was not cutting deep enough. I start thinking back to the reason this mark is on my skin... He had just came home, drunk off his head. He was screaming my name telling me to get my useless ass down stairs. I comply and walk to my father. He stands at the door with rage in his soulless eyes as he raises his hand. I don't feel the first blow, I know he's just getting started. I don't feel any of it, I'm numb. Well that was until he smashed my head into the wall, then I could feel everything. He went into the house as if on a road of destruction. That night I remember cutting that scar, watching the blood flow in a sea of red. Then going to bed with my open wounds and crying myself to sleep. I didn't cry about the pain of my injuries, I cried for what my young life has become.... A tear falls down my face leaving a burning trail on my cold skin. I wipe it away quickly, dismissing the thought that it was even there. The people at my school don't understand the battle scars across my wrists. They believe that they are a cry for attention, not one for help. I'm not proud of them, but sometimes the marks I made on my skin are the only thing that keeps me going in this cruel world, they remind me of how much I have lived through and how much I need to keep going.

I run the blade across my paper like skin and watch the blood slowly drip from my wrist. It stings at first but I've learnt how to deal with this kind of pain. It's the pain that my father inflicts that I can't get over. As the blood spills, I feel myself getting more calm. My breathing becomes even as I feel myself getting completely relaxed. I watch the red drip down into my sink, mesmerised by the grace of the fall.

There is a knock in the distance but I ignore it, focusing on the red drips.
Drip. Drip. Drip.
The knocks are becoming more frantic, yet I still take no notice until the lock has been shattered from the door. A figure runs in and shouts my name frantically. It sounds as if my head is under water, the muffled screams from the person beside me the sirens from outside my windows. The only sound that I can hear clearly is the dripping of my blood.

Suddenly two strong hands shake my shoulders roughly, pulling my out of my day dream. I face the boy before me and smile sadly. It's Alec, the boy I gave my fragile heart to, the boy who knows my everything, the boy I love. Tears are running down his face, his blue eyes red and puffy. I breathe in deeply and bring my hand to his face. He leans his head into my touch as my thumbs wipe away his tears.

"Don't cry for me my love, for I am already dead" I whisper allowing my own tears to fall aswell. He violently shakes his head not allowing my words in.

"How can you be dead when you make me feel so alive?" He asks frantically, looking me straight in the eyes. I rest my head on his as we silently cry together. "Please Sophie, just give us a chance to let you live again, we will get away from here. Go anywhere you want just please don't give up" he says almost silently. "your father has been arrested, your brother called after what he did to you" his voice a lot stronger and clearer than before.

My brother who stood by and watched the abuse finally called the police after sixteen years. I can't stop the hopeful look in my eyes as Alec shares that small piece of information.... I'm free. Alec takes my hands in his and smiles.
"You're finally free baby" he whispers with a wide smile. although I'm damaged and broken, I'm finally free...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So guys I know I haven't updated in like ages I just hope that you guys really like this short story update thingy. I know it's a little dark and depressing but I wanted to make at least one story like that seeing as all my other ones are happy and really romantic. for all of you guys who read if we ever meet again I would just like to apologise for the lack of updates in like four months, I am suffering from a really bad case of the writers block however I think I'm going to read through it and see if I can find inspiration, if not I will take down the story until I do find my inspiration however I will notify you all before doing so. I love you all and I hope you all enjoy this new piece, I will also be looking through this book and add some changes and editing if needed so if I do please check that out, thanks guys if this book is still in your library and you still read I love you all

~scarlet

Love and loss short stories. जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें