The Final Chapter

Start from the beginning

"I'll read it for you then" she offers, as I send her my own greatful one.

Passing the envelope delicately to her Elenore's walks back into Collins embrace, turning to face me.

The rest of the group Huddle's closer to Elenore's form, however I can not bring myself to doing so.

A bundle of nerves builds quickly as I watch her carefully tear open the envelope. Slowly pulling out a lengthy looking letter.

I can see the familiar handwriting from the back, bringing back a ripple of memories.

Elenore looks at me silently asking me if she should start, I try to shoot her a confident grin but it comes as a awkward smile.

She takes a deep breath before starting.

Dear Mason,

Long time no see?

Okay that doesn't make sense since we didn't officially meet.

So long time no write, yes?

I wanted to firstly say that I'm sorry about your mum.

Eleanor pauses, looking at me apologetically as I just nod, holding back the tears threatening to resurface.

I know how hard it is to loose someone you care about and I'm sorry you had to go through that alone.

Look I know what you're thinking, why is she writing to me after all this time?

Expecially after I bluntly wrote a whole letter explaining how we can never be together and you need to give us up.

However since that day I felt that I owed you a proper explanation, I had actually written a letter similar to this.

But then I heard that you confessed your love for me at the pep Rally.

I wish i could have seen it.

Like honestly the one boy I've been madly in love with for the past ten years, the hottest guy in school.

Thee Mason freaking Harper, confessed his love for me?

And I wasn't even there to see it.

What made it worse was that I was now too scared to even approach you.

To reveal who I was, I wanted to but I couldn't risk you hating me.

Yes Mason hating me, and I know,

Hold on

Wait

Hating me?

Dude you don't even know me!

But believe it or not our paths have crossed before.

I wanted to tell you it was me from the beginning, but I didn't know how to approach you about it.

I tried to once, but we got interrupted.

Then that day happened, and you began to resent me.

So I stopped, everything and became a memory in your mind.

One neither of us dare to remember.

I was stupid Mase.

I am stupid Mase.

Because you fell in love with the me on paper, the one behind the mask.