FOURTY

screw endgame

Ethan and I have hardly talked recently

Ethan and I have hardly talked recently. Ever since he broke his arm, he's been keeping his distance. It hurts, he was so nice to me. I want to ask what happened, but it's hard when I can't even find him.

He's going through a lot to avoid me.

I still haven't stopped thinking about Hope. Where she is, how she's doing. If she misses me as much as I miss her. It's hard, and I'm not sure what do do about it anymore.

I've also had more random combustion's of flames. I've had to replace the comforter in my bedroom, as I burned it in my sleep. I know I should tell Mr. Saltzman, but there's already enough going on, me burning a blanket doesn't need to be on that list. For example; the decade dance is tonight, and Landon is making sure I'm attending. Date or no date. So, of course, I had to pick something out for later that night.

However, just as I step into the tan car, my phone rings. "Hello, goblin." I answer.

"Rude." MG pouts. The vampire didn't remember me, meaning he didn't quite remember killing me. I'm sure he still feels bad, but I made sure to try and keep it out of mind. "Listen- STOP IT!"

I frown. "Who are you yelling at?" I ask him.

"Where are you?"

"My schools parking lot." I reply.

MG lets out an annoyed grunt. "Listen, I have a problem with a ghost vampire. Come help?" Suddenly, the sound of something being smacked fills the phone. "OW!" He screams.

I giggle, leaning back. "Yeah, I'll come help."

"GREAT, THANK YOU-" He grunts. "ALRIGHT, GET OVER HERE!"

The line goes dead and I can't help but laugh at MG's struggle. I begin to wander what he means by ghost vampire. Shrugging, I start the engine of the car before driving out of the parking lot.

Walking into the Salvatore School, I'm surprised to see everyone decorating. "What's going on?"' I ask a student as they walk buy.

"Decade dance." He says. I nod, walking farther inside

Landon and Raf are smirking as they talk, when Rafael turns his head to look at me. "Hey, Lena!" He chimes, the two walking over. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm meeting up with MG, he needs help with something." I explain. "You never told me about the dance being held here." I say as we begin to walk.

"Yeah, I've been really busy with the whole, trying not to get eaten thing." I giggle, nodding slowly. "But, we have a band coming to perform some old eighties music, plus some new stuff." Landon explains. "You're coming, of course."