Part 5: Polaroid Two | I Like You

"For homework tonight is a review on one other student in this class and their combat skill improvement. In two days it's due," Mr. Aizawa tells the class. The bell rings and I stand up, I throw my bag over my shoulder and start walking towards the classroom door.

"Bakubro, wait!" I hear shitty hair yell behind me. I continue to walk but slightly slower so he can catch up, "I'm going to go home today and hope that they worked somethings out, I'll text you if anything happens or if I'm heading to your place."

"Sure, whatever," I say as he smiles and runs off to knock-off Pikachu. I can tell just by watching him how fake his happiness and smile is, even his actions are super fake. I'll admit, I don't like seeing him like this... it makes me kind of sad.

I get pulled out of my thoughts when I feel a string being tugged, I look down at my finger. It's Deku's string, I know that this is intentional this time to get my attention. I stomp as I follow the string since I'm getting very annoyed with the constant tugging, I find the damn nerd at the side of the school.

"OI! DAMN NERD! Explain why you tugged the string again?" I yell at him as I stand in front of him.

"I just need to tell you something," he says sadly and with his head down.

I groan, "What is it? Make it quick," I say as I wait for him to say something.

"O-ok, I... uh, like you Kacchan. Um, in-" he says but I stop him by placing my hand over his mouth.

"No, just don't say the rest. First, Shitty Hair, now you," I say more to myself. The nerd looks at me confused, "Look, great! You like me, just let me think!" I take my hand off the nerd's mouth and walk away, I could still tell he's confused.

I finally get home after an eventful day, two 'I like you, in more than a friend way's is too much for one day. I open my house door and slam it shut getting the old hag's attention, she looks up from the couch, "Quit slamming the doors, Katsuki!" she shouts at me but I ignore her and throw my bag on the stairs.

I walk into the living room and sit next to her, she looks at me surprised by my actions. It looks like my old man isn't home from work yet, it'll be easy to talk with my mom now. "Oi, hag. Can I talk to you about something?" I ask staring ahead of me.

"Sure, kiddo. What is it about, your string?" she says with a ray of hope in her eyes.

"Yes," I say kind of quietly. She smiles and waits for me to begin, "Something has to be wrong with me."

"What?" she asks a little sad to hear something like that from me, her son.

"Don't be alarmed from what I am about to say," I tell her as she looks at me with a frightened expression.

"YOU DON'T HAVE A STRING DO YOU?!" she yells at me.

"NO! Just listen!" I shout at her. "I have two damn strings."

"Wait..." she pauses and stares at me for a while. "Two?"

"Yes, two," she looks away from me.

"What do you think of either of them?" she asks.

"You're not going to ask who they are?" I ask a little surprised.

"No, I'll let you tell me when you want to," she says calmly.

"Well, surprising both of them like me, in a more than a friend way," I tell her while actually looking at her now.

"Really? Well, choose one!" she says excitedly.

"But it's weird, have you heard of anyone having two strings?" I ask.

"Hmm... no, I haven't now that I think about," she says putting a finger to her lips and thinking. "It's best right now to just figure out which one you like more along with keeping up with your hero studies."