03

"What did he say?"

Chenle worriedly asked and looked at Jisung when he was able to get into his bodyguard's room. Jisung was just working on his assignments and Chenle just finished his so he could talk to him.

Jisung furrowed his eyebrows at the boy, "What do you mean?"

"My father. What did he say to you? Was he mad?" the boy asked and sat on the man's bed.

The man shrugged and goes back to writing, "He did get mad. You don't have to worry about it, Chenle."

Chenle pouted, "But it should be me who should get scolded."

"You shouldn't blame yourself. I agreed to it so it's still my fault."

"Why did you even let me go with my friends? You should've just let me get bored in the meeting," the boy uttered.

Jisung chuckled, "Let's face it, no one wants to get hated. I did that because I didn't want you to hate me, Chenle."

"But--"

"Chenle, it's done. Your father didn't do anything physical on me. Also, I still did my part which is to protect you. So, technically, I wasn't that irresponsible," Jisung uttered.

The boy sighed, "I'm just worried."

"Worried about what? You don't need to be."

"I'm just worried that my father might kick you out. I don't want that."

Jisung hummed, "You really have some crazy thoughts in there. If that happens, then someone would protect you better than me"

"No."

The man looked at the boy who was unexpectedly blushing. Chenle looked away and sighed.

"I want it to be only you, okay? We've spent most of our lives together and I can't afford losing you."

Jisung nodded and his features softened. He couldn't stop himself from patting Chenle's head. It surprised Chenle and immediately his heartbeat sped up.

"I promise I'll stay beside you, Chenle."

Chenle nodded and pulled up a small smile.

The next day, Chenle's parents were out again for a business meeting. Only Chenle and Jisung were left with the maids. Also, it's a weekend so they'll be staying at home for the whole.

Chenle just woken up this afternoon. He stayed up all night just watching dramas and playing games. He exited his room and was about to go get something to eat in the kitchen when he stopped.

"Ji, where are you going?" Chenle asked when he saw Jisung in his shirt and jeans with a cap.

"I'm just going out to buy some groceries."

"But we have maids."

Jisung chuckled, "I've got nothing else to do. Do you wanna come with me?"

"Heck yeah."

Chenle immediately goes back to his room to change his clothes and goes back to Jisung. Soon, they left the mansion and walked out to go to the grocery store. They just left the car since they wanted to take their time. Also, it's a good time to spend their free time outside.

"It's a good thing you tagged along. I don't think I could leave you alone in the house," Jisung uttered.

Chenle furrowed his eyebrows, "Are you telling me that I can't be responsible?"

"Nah, it's not that. I'm just worried that some burglar would break in and you'll be a scaredy cat."

The boy punched the man's arm but instead of hurting Jisung, it hurt him. They arrived at the store shortly. They grabbed a cart and Jisung was the one pushing it. They walked down the aisles and Chenle just kept grabbing the things that was on the list Jisung gave him.

Sometimes, Jisung just looked like he's handling someone's child but Chenle was just a playful boy. And he's the opposite. He knew he was a tough guy to anyone who wants to make him smile. But he'll admit that he could only smile to Chenle and not to anyone else.

"Ji, I want some ice cream. Can we stop by the parlor?" Chenle asked, almost acting cute just to get Jisung's yes.

Jisung hummed, "But you just had one yesterday in the park."

"Eh~ Please, Ji?"

The man's lips turned into a smirk, "Do you really have to act cute?"

Chenle giggled, "It's the only thing to get you to say yes."

Jisung pushed the cart to where the cashier is and stood in the line. He rolled his eyes at the boy.

"Alright. We'll stop by but don't tell your father about it," Jisung uttered.

Chenle cheered. This is their whole relationship. It seemed to be a strong friendship but maybe it was different to Chenle. He doesn't know but he started to feel different for Jisung since they were in elementary when Jisung protected him from the bullies. It wasn't new to the boy to feel his heart racing and stomach filled with butterflies whenever he's with the man, but it gets him all confusing.

Friends don't feel attracted to one another, do they?

That's why Chenle was too scared to admit his feelings to Jisung. He wasn't sure that he likes the man but somehow the way his heart beating explains it. Maybe he was scared of rejection?

You see, Jisung had an admirer a few years ago and what the man did was to reject the girl. Not only rejecting, Jisung literally had this cold demeanor and avoided the girl all year. Chenle was afraid that Jisung might avoid him as well.

Surely, Jisung just sees him like his younger brother and best friend.

"Chenle."

Chenle snapped out of his thoughts, "W-What?"

"What flavor do you want to get?"

The boy sighed and felt like he's hopeless around Jisung.