13. and fall asleep

They were silent as they walk down the halls. Not of them dared to say anything. They didn't want to make them more uncomfortable that they already were. Jungkook still has his hood up to cover his face, if suddenly someone walked up to them.

"We are outside already. You can give Viki to me and put your books back." Jungkook says as he turns to look at Namjoon. They are pretty far away from the school now. Namjoon looks at Jungkook and gives him a small smile before giving the books he was holding to him.

He takes out the cat and holds it and gives the backpack to Jungkook. Jungkook puts the books slowly back and sneakily looks at Namjoon. He looks so peaceful with the cat. Not that irritated looking face he was so used to or that smug smirk on his face. In Jungkook's eyes he looks so pretty at this moment.

"You don't mind if I walk you home? I never got so close with Viki and now he is somehow so close with me. I want to spend some more time." Namjoon says and looks at Jungkook who froze as he got caught on staring Namjoon. He felt his cheeks heat little.

"I don't mind." Jungkook says in a small voice. Namjoon looked surprised. Jungkook agreed. Last time he asked him something he got so mad at him. Maybe they're taking their baby steps to the better.

"Does Jimin know where you live?" Namjoon suddenly asks as their walk has been just little awkwardly quiet. Namjoon is still carrying the cat and also his own backpack.

"Not yet, I haven't told him much when he visited in the hospital. I feel like a bad friend." Jungkook says as he stares in to the horizon in front of him. Namjoon switches his staring from Jungkook to where he is looking at.

"You are not a bad friend. You just need some space after something so big that happened to you. I'm the one who is bad." Namjoon says as the horizon in front of the both of them makes them stop for a second. Jungkook doesn't stop at the red light. A car honks at him and drives at him but Namjoon yanks him back before anything bad could happen.

"Are you okay?" Namjoon asks as he still keeps his hand on Jungkook's shoulder. Jungkook blankly stares at somthing before snapping out of his thoughts. He looks up at Namjoon.

"Yeah, just spaced out there." Jungkook answers back and holds tightly on his own sleeve.
"Want to buy something before we get you safely home?" Namjoon asks not wanting to bother the situation that just happened.

"Sure." Jungkook answered shortly. The lights turned green to them and they continue their way at a small grocery store. The lady inside got angry that we tried to bring a cat inside her store. So Namjoon told Jungkook to wait outside for a little while.

"Here, I brought some sodas and small snacks for you. You know as a welcome gift to your new home." Namjoon says as he hands a blastic back to Jungkook.

"You didn't have to." Jungkook says as he takes it to his other hand that is free.
"Of course I have to. I want you to feel good about your new home." Namjoon says as they both start walking again.

"So, do you get back to school tomorrow?" Namjoon asks as he hesitantly looks at Jungkook.
"I guess so... I'm not behind at the studies thanks to Mr.Kim." Jungkook says as he doesn't stare back at Namjoon.

"You can call him Wonshik with me. I know that he is your other father. It's fine, I don't judge them. I think they're brave." Namjoon says and Jungkook looks at Namjoon. This untouchable side on Namjoon might be something Jungkook would like to explore more.

"Yeah, still... I'm not sure what the other students will do when I get back to school. I know that you won't hurt me but still. There are still some people who will continue torturing me." Jungkook lets out a defeated sigh.

"You need to fight them back. If they put gum in your hair. Cut it and put it back in their hair. But if it's get brutal, you should call me. I can beat the shit out of them." Namjoon says hoping Jungkook would take his advice.

"It's kinda weird that you, my ex-bully. Wants to hurt those who hurt me." Jungkook says and Namjoon  hums in admit.
"Well, I was dumb and will be always be dumb. Now that you put it like that. I will definitely hurt those who hurt you." Namjoon says as a smile is seen in his face. Jungkook feels something in his guts while looking at Nmajoon after saying that last sentence.

"You seriously are something. Anyway, thanks for the advice. I'll keep it in mind." Jungkook says as he tried not to smile so much. He doesn't want to make Namjoon feel uncomfortable.

"Oh, we are already here." Jungkook says as he looks at the building in front of him.
"Well, see you tomorrow at school." Nmajoon says as Jungkook walks slowly inside. He stops himself to look at Namjoon once more.

"I hope we get to take good care if the garden club." Jungkooks says as he holds the door in place.
"I hope nothing that bad happens. Sleep well, Jungkook." Namjoon says as he waves at him.

"Goodnight, Namjoon."

"Goodnight, Jungkook"