Playing with Fire

"Now that were all equipped and ready, let's get hunting!" Pinga exclaimed waving goodbye to Sedna, Torngasoak, Igaluk, and Native America.

"We'll be here waiting!" Native America informed as she smiled at her retreating children.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Venturing farther and farther into the thick wood, the atmosphere grew very eerie and dark. The emotion of fear quickly settled in the children as Pinga skipped around, weaving through the trees as if she were frolicking in a lavender field.

This continued until she suddenly stopped, alarming the four following her.

"You hear that?" She smiled from ear to ear glancing back to them.

Mexica silently and nervously shook her head 'no'. "Wait-" she spoke up, "I think I do." Her brothers also voiced their agreements.

Pinga nodded in satisfaction seeing their senses already well developed.  She took a couple steps forward towards a large bush. She parted the leaves leading to a clearing where a large, ugly monster was roaming around aimlessly.

"That my children is a wendigo." Pinga whispered.

You could hear Mexica's breath hitch in her throat as she watched the beast trudge by.

Kanata had his mouth agape as if he wanted to say something but couldn't. Too much fear.

"W-what do we do?" Mexico timidly asked, refusing to tear his eyes away from the beast as if it would pounce at him at any moment.

"You'll-" Pinga paused as she swiftly snuck behind the terrified children, placing her hands on their backs, "go kill it!" She finished pushing them out of their hiding spot. They shrieked in response, successfully gaining the wendigo's attention.

The beast slowly turned its large body towards the unfamiliar sounds making eye contact.

Kanata tightened his grip on his spear that was pointing in a defensive position towards the wendigo. Maska was quivering as his hand made its way to the sting of his bow. Mexica had her hands hovering over her knife holsters. Lastly, Mexico had his axe at the ready, his expression mixed with fear and determination.

The creature seemed to be threatened to see sharp objects pointing at him.

Roaring in anger it lifted its long arm and swung it towards the children.

Nations yelped in fear and/or covered their eyes watching this encounter.

Thankfully due to previous years of training they all skillfully avoided the arm, jumping into trees.

The wendigo continued to roar in anger seeing its prey escape him and thrashed at the trees. The leaves began to shake as the ground shook dangerously due to the stomping.

"Watch out!" Maska shouted in warning as a tree was flung towards them.

"Come on guys you gotta fight 'em!" Pinga mimicked punches as she cheered from the sidelines. She continued to cheer throwing in occasional advice and warning.