Pain pt.2

December 7, 1941

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It was a beautiful sunny day. The family was taking a trip to Hawaii's beautiful national parks.

Alfred was with his children. Older looking states were in the background while younger ones were playing in the forest beside him. Especially this one little girl.

She had made Alfred a flower crown and placed it on his head.

"Look now we match!" She giggled showing her own flower crown.

"It's beautiful, honey." Alfred smiled.

"I'm going to go find more flowers!" She exclaimed and ran off.

Alfred turned to another child and began to play with them. That was until they heard a bloodcurdling scream.

The little girl was now unconscious with her blood soaking into dirt.

"Hawaii!" Alfred exclaimed. He ran to her grabbing a blanket.

He made it to her and wrapped her in it. As he stood up he himself felt a ping of pain on his shoulder.

"What's happening!" An older looking state ran over.

Alfred scanned the surrounding area until he was met with a scene of smoke. As if on cue a plane flew over the family.

Alfred protectively held Hawaii close to him to shield her from the sound as he scanned the plane.

Japan. 

"We're under attack!" Alfred called to the children to gather their things and leave immediately.

~

Scene change.

It looked like Alfred was in a private waiting room.

"Alfred."

He looked up to see the president.

"Look I know that you never wanted to be in the war but-"

"No, I do now." Alfred's face was filled with determination as he towered over his boss. "I thought of him as a friend until now. If it's war he wants, then it's war he's going to get..."

"Is there a Mr. Jones?"

A doctor walked in with a clipboard. The president and Alfred turned their attention to him.

"M-Mr. President! Mr. America! I didn't kn-know you two were here!"

"Can you please take us to the room?" The president politely asked.

"Yes, yes. Of course."

The doctor then led the two to a white hospital room. There was a nurse in there tending to the small Hawaii. Thankfully she was awake.