Chapter 8: For Who's Responsibility or Authority

Start from the beginning

Y/n: By that, did you really kill them?

Darick: No, I give them what they deserved.

Y/n: By breaking them?

Darick: Enough! Don't talk shit about what I had from anyone else!

Y/n: I guess that didn't work out. Next question...

3. What is Remi to you? As a person, not as your daughter.

Darick: Remi? She's like Sharion's bitch.

Y/n: Because Remi is Sharion's daughter? Or was it Rayen's?

"You...!" He glares at me suddenly. "Don't you dare say his name!" He grabs me. "He and his family are worthless maggots! They deserved to be punished after what they did to me!"

Y/n: Is it because Sharion who was in love with him?

"...!" He's pissed and punched me. I stood up with his punch at my face. Everyone is shocked to see that happen. I stand up against his wrath already, so there's no need for me to obey him. "Shut up! Don't you dare talk about her and Rayen together!" He swings his left punch towards my face. I grabbed his arm. "You get your hands off me!" He lashes his arm away from me.

Y/n: Does your power of authority make you better than him?

Darick: What do you know about that...!?

Y/n: If so, why did you have to kill him?

"He killed him!?"

"Is that true...!?"

Everyone starts discussing it.

Darick: Don't you dare ask me with that! You don't have the authority to tell me what to do!

Y/n: Authority is always your method? I don't need the authority to do shit. All I can do is to take responsibility for myself. I would have done something to protect and prove myself useful or special to anyone, but it is going to longer than that. I already have, and I have done enough that. Right now, all I can do now is care about the life I trust with.

Darick: Life you trust? To what people!?

"It's on me!" I put my thumb on my chest. "And it's on us! We trust the lives of ourselves! We don't need someone's authority because they don't give a damn! We're tired of doing all of our pointless work to lead everyone to the wrong path! Rayen, Sharion, Remi, Anna, all of us don't need the help from the authority like you to stand up against our free will! That's how we can't be stronger if you keep standing in our way!"

"You talk like you don't care about this and that!" Darick stands with a furious tone! "Why can't you just accept the fact that I am better than all of you!? I am the one and only who has the absolute authority to rule the world! I'll show you! I'll kick your ass straight down to your knees and make you beg for your life!"

Y/n: Is it because you are a late-bloomer?

Darick: Late-bloomer? What do you know about me?!

Y/n: How did you become a late-bloomer that no one can acknowledge you? You were beaten up and I now did beat you up too. You wanted to be strong and powerful that no one can touch you is all you are doing. You scared everyone by abusing your power of authority that you just brag about left and right with no absolute reality that you have proven your method to be true. You're the useless one here, Darick. You have taken zero responsibilities for every one of them want to acknowledge you. Late-bloomer or not, the act of the authority is nothing but a lie. It is the path that is doomed to failure.

Darick: Shut up...!

Y/n: I dreamed of becoming special too, but what I did was wrong because it was terrifying. That's why I decided to quit and live my own life to the people I trust. Freedom is one thing I want, but the responsibility is for my friends! If you have acted with your own responsibility without any use of authority, then you wouldn't have...!