Chapter 166: No Match Against Flames (EP. 07)

Eivind didn't really know which side he is on.

The only roadblock his situation had was, he couldn't simply jeopardize his position as Admiral. He served in the navy for more than five years and if he were to refuse or resist his harebrained superior, all his hard work will be in absolute tatters.

A part of him felt abashed since he didn't even had the courage to dissuade—but one menacing glint of the Prince's sword was all it took to suspend any of his close call decisions to fight.

So yes, here he is, standing idly on the main deck, languidly gripping on the helm of the massive ship, wondering aimlessly if some impossible aid will come for their way to retrieve what the deranged Prince of Draven had stolen. It would've been more tolerable if it was the crown jewel Elgon stole, but no, he heisted a human being.

Oh well, this was much better than being closely watched by one of the on board henchmen who are currently having their fair share of brewed drinks on the foredeck. Usually the hired crew would be rowdy during their alcoholic session, but suspiciously, not a sound of chatter he heard.

Fate has other plans, however.

The discernable noises of multiple blades being unsheathed from their scabbards sent chills through his spine to his boots, and a lump formed in his throat as his pupils shrunk in size when something unfriendly was pressed against the nape of his neck.

What is this rift between him and threats?

"We came in the name of the Queen," Matthias hissed harshly.

Magoo huffed, "That was my damn line!" "How inopportune, General," Matthias rolled his eyes before shifting his attention back to the panic-stricken Admiral, "Let go of the wheel at once. We have the authority of the King of Arendelle to pose a threat if you try to resist our command."

Eivind kept his lips shut as he obeyed what he was told, hands cautiously raised while he came face to face with the Lieutenant and the General of Arendelle, the feather of his Bicorne hanging loosely.

His eyes went wider when he found the unconscious pile of men lying against the planks, and according to his most probably veracious assumptions, that has something to do with the General of Arendelle's slightly swollen fists.

"What's with the ridiculous hat, by the way?" Magoo mused, flicking the ornate feather back to its original place.

No words left Eivind's tongue. His taut body could not even move a single muscle nor nerve, he must look like a realistic statue right now.

Matthias lowered his sword and tapped his chin, scrutinizing the headwear with distaste, "This may be the first time I agreed with you, Mags."
•••
While his companions bought time just above his head, down below, Aiden ventured through the dark halls of the internal structure of the ship. The fire king managed to enter the threshold of a study, and his nomadic eyes scrupulously probed over the blueprints of the ship's hidden passages to protect treasured cargo.

He estimated for the Dravenian ship's construction to be just like any other's, because even other foreign ships barely resembled a difference. No, this vessel is greater in width and length and it is more roomy.

He left the study hastily, and undeniably, he is a fast learner when it comes to locating objects verified by simple sketches. He passed by several cabins before he finally found what he searched for; the lever leading to the basement of the schooner.

Elgon's obviously a formidable enemy.

He hurriedly pulled the lever with giddy anticipation, nearly unleashing a startled squeak when layers of hardwood planks parted and revealed an entrance in secrecy. The fire king coughed as his nostrils inhaled the stuffy scent of dust coming from the staircase granting his desired downward access.