23.3 || revival (ii)

1st jan 2020

1st jan 2020

"
we all breathe the same breath,
but why am i the only one hurting?
"

YOU CHOSE TO REVIVE KIM HYUNJIN

hyunjin wakes up confused. it's dark and she can't see much. she holds out her hands in front of her- she can see the faint outline of them. she feels the floor with her hands. wait, it's not a floor. it's nice and soft. it feels like a bed, but not her bed.

KIM HYUNJIN'S THOUGHTS WILL NOW BE PLAYED SIMULTANEOUSLY WITH HER SPEECH AND ACTIONS

i thought i died, what the fuck? am i a ghost now?

hello, kim hyunjin.

oh jesus, i must be dead, that's probably god talking to me now.

you have been revived due to popular demand.

hyunjin scoffs out loud.

and who the hell would demand for me?

it's a secret. you have been revived alone, everyone else is dead.

oh... oh. wait... what?

everyone else was killed by the game master.

w-what? even heejin?

yes, everyone.

hyunjin's tears well up. although it's dark, you can see her tears reflect the small light of the air conditioner, making her tears glimmer.

w-why? why did heejin die?

the game master was hyunjoo. it was revenge.

revenge? for what?

heejin was pretty mean to hyunjoo. the rest of them that died after you were somehow linked to hyunjoo's death, while yerim and jiwoo sorta bullied hyejoo.

hyunjin bites her lip.

and how am i supposed to live on without heejin? i... i can't live without heejin...

hyunjin holds her face in her hands, sobbing with desperation.

you must live on. heejin could have been revived, but the 'demanders' picked you over her. you have to live on, for heejin's sake.

hyunjin takes a deep breath, her bottom lip trembling at the same time. wiping her tears away, she takes another deep breath.

o-okay, okay. i'll live on for heejin. i'll do it for her. because i'm living for her now... right?

yes. good girl. so, what do you have to do first, hyunjin?

i... what do i have to do first?

what do you think? why did this happen?

because hyunjoo died...

and?

...sooyoung got off scot-free? but she's dead now.

her parents paid her way out of prison right?

yes?

and social media is an easy way to spread information, right?

so... i'll spread a post about how the ceo of sy group's daughter killed two people while drunk driving and the ceo bribed people to get his daughter out?

mhmm. that's all you have to do, things will spread in due time.

and i'll make some sort of a memorial for the rest of them... including hyunjoo.

yes, good.

i miss heejin.

hyunjin lays back on the bed (supposedly). her tears flow out slowly, each tear almost seeming to burn through her skin with the amount of pain it carried.

there there, it'll be alright.

where am i though? hell?

hyunjin, you're alive. this is haseul's house, and you're on her bed.

oh.

why don't you start getting to work?

later...

why not now?

i need to cry more, fuck you.

you're never going to stop crying that way.

i don't care.

you need to stop crying and put sooyoung's parents in jail.

not now, i need to cry more, please...

hyunjin's body shakes with every sob, as if each sob crashes a wave of emptiness into her. she curls up into a little ball, pulling a blanket over her. she feels numb inside. she misses heejin a lot.

someday, i'll do it someday, but not now.

as you wish then. cry all you want, and i'll come back for you when you die of dehydration.

THE END

[ + + ]

this is ending number two.

idea credits to @aeganctur