6: Planning

I know it has been a while since I uploaded a chapter of this book. So, I thought it was about time. Note at the bottom! Enjoy!

*Unedited*

   Dorian sat on the couch, Amara beside him. His left hand was held hostage by both of hers. He assumed it was because she was still uncomfortable around other castes. He knew that it was something that was going to take her time to get used to. However, he figured that she would at least be less intimidated by them with him around.

They were currently sitting in the office of the best wedding planner in Ulna. They'd been sitting there going over flower arrangements, decorations, colors, locations. It all seemed tedious to him. However, he wanted Amara to have the joining of her dreams.

Bringing the glass of green liquor he was drinking up to his lips, he took a sip as the planner showed them another possible arrangement on the large screen in front of them.

"What about this one?" She questioned. Amara shook her head. "Are you sure?" The wedding planner then questioned.

"Stop asking her that." Dorian stated. "If she said no, then the answer is no. Stop trying to sway her opinion and move on."

She'd been doing that every time Amara stated, or rather shook her head at something she didn't like. It was almost as if the woman thought his épouse didn't know what she liked. He'd learned over the past few weeks that was far from the case.

"Alright then. Let me go to my office. I have another catalog that you can look at."

When the wedding planner was out of the room, Amara leaned into his side. Dorian leaned down, placing a kiss to her forehead.

"How much longer will this take?" She questioned softly. "I'm getting hungry."

Dorian placed his glass down, and looked at his watch. It was a little after two and they'd had breakfast that morning at nine.

"I'm sorry, BéBé. We can leave whenever you're ready."

At that moment, the wedding planner came back with another tablet. Dorian was just about to tell her that they would be going when she loaded the new catalog up. The first picture caused Amara to gasp a little and sit up.

"What type of flower are those petals from?" Amara questioned softly.

Dorian looked at the petals in the picture. They looked as if they were made of some sort of jewel or glass. He had never been a big fan of flowers, so he didn't have an answer for her.

"Those are from Moon Chrysanthemums." The wedding planner stated.

"I like those, Dorian." Amara stated. "We could put half a dozen on each table."

"Those followers are thousands of notes per flower." The wedding planner stated.

Dorian glared at her as Amara squeezed his hand. "You heard what she said." Standing, he pulled Amara up with him. "We'll be leaving now. My assistant will call to set up another appointment."

With that, he turned, leading the way out of the private viewing room and out of the office. The car was still parked outside of the door, his chauffeur standing beside it. When he saw them exit he opened the back door and Dorian allowed Amara to slide in first.

"Was there somewhere in particular that you wanted to go and get food from?" Dorian questioned as the back door was closed.

"No, not really. I still don't know a lot of the places in town."