𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐨 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐢 | 𝘈 𝘚𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘕𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

| 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 |

Everything became a blur as Kira was on a yacht, then next thing she knew, she's walking through the front doors of a two-storied house.

Bucciarati respectfully led Trish up the stairs with the others following the two. With Trish climbing the steps, Bruno turned around and addressed the others, "Abbacchio, Giorno, Kira, you guys stay here with Narancia and Fugo." Giving the man a nod, Giorno just stood there while Abbacchio flopped onto the steps, form slightly hunched with his right leg more extended than the other.

Following Abbacchio's steed, Kira sat down on the other pair of steps just a few behind Giorno, able to hear Fugo and Narancia from the other side of the concrete wall that served as a railing. Pursing her lips, Kira let her head fall down, listening in the the conversation, tuning out the words to find an opening. The chattering went on for a while, until Kira found her opportunity.

"Geez, I get it already! Leave it to me!"

Now.

"I'll go with Narancia." Kira said, as she stood up from her spot on the steps. Turning her head to face the two near the open door, Kira continued, "Though I'm not the one driving, I'll remind Nara when to U-Turn and all that evading stuff."

Fugo stared at her, while Narancia eagerly nodded. "Yeah, let Kira come!"

"You haven't given me a reason to trust you." Fugo stated, as he turned his body to face Kira. Furrowing her brows, Kira stared at the boy. 'Haven't given me a reason to trust you?'

"It's groceries, Fugo."

Shoulders suddenly squaring, Fugo opened his mouth to retort. Abbacchio watched with shadowed eyes, as Giorno eyes darted to look at the two.

"All you've done since you've gotten here is bring trouble, if an enemy were to following, I don't doubt that you'll suddenly 'forget' to tell Narancia to turn, or lead them right to us."

'What?'

Anger was now visible on her face, "Are you calling me a traitor?" Lifting her legs over the concrete railings, Kira landed on her feet as walked towards Fugo. "I'm not calling you a traitor, I'm just saying I don't trust you."

Stepping forward so she was staring right into his eyes, Kira said, "You said that you wouldn't doubt that I'd lead the enemy towards us, so you're insinuating that I'm a traitor."

"What is going on here?" Bucciarati walked down the steps, stopping where Kira once sat, and looked down on the two who were face to face.

The two didn't say anything as they glared at each other, neither backing down. Facing Abbacchio, the man simply nudged his head towards Kira's direction. Nodding, Bruno said, "Kira, guard Trish from the inside of her room."

Eyes widening, Kira opened her mouth to retort, while Fugo looked away to stare at Bucciarati in shock. Teeth gritting against each other, Kira simply said, "Then so be it." She only let her displeasure show in her eyes, jacket swishing at the sudden turn, she made her way up the stairs. Passing Bruno, his eyebrows furrowed as he watched her lips turn into a bitter frown. 

Rapping her knuckles against the wooden door, it let out a creak as it opened, while another door closed. Her lips slows formed to create still lips, neither frowning nor smiling. Yet the anger hadn't left her dark eyes just yet.

Trish turned to face Kira from atop the dresser situated under the window, wordlessly she got up to sit on the plush bed, while Kira walked to stand in front of the once preoccupied window.

Fishing out her gun, Kira summoned Killer Queen's whole body, as she snapped open the cylinder. She heard a car slowly hum to life.

'Ignore it.'

Killer Queen's finger slowly tapped each bullet while Kira counted. 'One, two, three,'

The sound of dirt slowly shifting under rubber tires became unbearably loud. Her throat felt clogged.

'four, five,'

The sight of a white car slowly driving down the hill surrounded by lush greenery was seen. Kira's gut churned as if someone grabbed her insides and twisted them.

'six.'

The sound of tires running against a well used dirt road was no longer present, as all was left was a hill surrounded by lush greenery.

The snapping of the cylinder closing was heard, as Kira snapped her wrist to close it. Killer Queen was nothing but a bystander, staring at Kira as she stared at the revolver in her hand then looking at the road with glazed eyes.

———

The empty hill was soon disturbed by a white van slowly driving up, and out came tumbling a bloody Narancia. Kira watched as the boy slowly tumbled in, yelling was heard from the still open door.

Kira did not move from her spot.

The sound of knuckles briefly clicking against the door was heard, as Kira walked to open the door, Trish watching from the bed. Opening the door to find Bruno, he simply nodded his head to the staircase, where Mista was seen making his way down. Nodding, Kira followed the man as she closed the door behind her, leaving Trish by herself. Staring at Bucciarati's pristine white suit speckled with charcoal tears, Kira thought to herself.

———

Being left alone with nothing but your thoughts accompanying you is a dangerous thing.

You think about things you could've changed, what if I hadn't done or said that? I could have saved myself from embarrassment, saved myself from these thoughts. Letting someone die, giving up so easily, is despicable. Yet here I am, ridiculing those actions when I have done it myself.

There's a fine line between learning from your faults, and hating yourself for them. They're past mistakes, yet I continue to ask, why, why, why?

Being left alone with your thoughts is a dangerous thing. Learning to accept your faults is something admirable. Hating yourself for your faults is pitiful. Yet here I am. Hating myself for a mistake that changed everything.

A simple notion of fear, of not being persistent, of angering someone, of acting out of turn.

A simple notion that changed everything.

A simple notion that let Formaggio die.

| 𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝 |

I am well aware that some may stop reading this book due to it not becoming an 'everyone survives' story you had hoped for.

If you are one of those people, I must thank you for reading this story and giving this book a chance. I will not judge or scorn you for leaving, as this book does not provide the happy ending you wished for.

Yet, if you still wish to read this story despite the fact that not everyone lives, then I must thank you as well.

In the world of Jojo, not everyone gets a happy ending.

| 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞 | 

Thank you for waiting! I am hopeful that some of you will stick around even though this is now a story where not everyone lives. Yet, if you do chose to leave, then I must say thank you for sticking around up to this point. 

A short, yet bitter chapter this one is.

-mystic