Chapter Fifteen

"Seriously guys, go on without me," I said, loitering in the doorway to the great hall

"Seriously guys, go on without me," I said, loitering in the doorway to the great hall. Emmy and Maddie were decked out in woolly hats and scarves and looked extremely guilty that they were able to go on the Hogsmeade trip and I was stuck in detention.

"I still call bullshit," Emmy shrugged, "There's no way Lupin seriously believes that you would prank him! I mean, come on! You're you!"

"Should I be offended?" I asked, turning to Maddie who just shrugged.

"All I'm saying is that it's obvious you had nothing to do with it!" Emmy defended.

"That's not the way Snape saw it and I'd rather get detention from Lupin than from Snape," I said, smiling flatly, "Seriously guys, I'm fine. Honestly, I'm counting my blessings."

"I will avenge you," Emmy said, staring at me, looking deadly serious as she placed a hand on my shoulder.

"How?" I said, laughing and shrugging her hand off me.

"I'll get you chocolate frogs from Honeydukes," Emmy said with a smirk. She knew me well, "I'll get you all the chocolate frogs."

"Thank you," I said, placing a hand on my heart and pretended to tear up. Our theatrics didn't last long before both Emmy and I burst out laughing. Maddie shook her head and folded her mittens down over her fingers.

"You guys are weird."

*

Professor Lupin was alone in his classroom when I arrived for detention. I'd half expected to be the only one there. For one, I was used to going to class with Maddie so had arrived early. And two, I expected the twins to be doing something suspicious and what's more suspicious than avoiding detention? Okay, so it's not the most suspicious but it's still suspicious.

"Ah, Miss Caswell," Lupin said when he noticed me lurking in the doorway, "I'd hoped I would be able to speak with you alone for a minute."

I could feel the polaroid in my pocket. What was he going to talk to me about? He couldn't know, could he?

"I wanted to apologise for how things played out," He began and my heart dropped. He didn't know, "I'm fairly sure I can predict that you were not willingly a part of Mr Weasley's particularly ill-timed prank." I shook my head, "As it may be, I would rather you avoided Professor Snape's temper and sat detention under my supervision."

I smiled but it didn't last long.

"Ah, the two Mr Weasleys, how nice of you to grace us with your presence," Professor Lupin said sarcastically, with a ghost of a smile on his lips.

"You're very welcome, Professor," One of them said, grinning widely and dropping into a low bow. Lupin's smile became a little more obvious.

"Your prank, while the scale was certainly impressive-"