Thirteen

Taehyung couldn't sleep so well last night. He wasn't sure if it was because it was so cold or if it was because he had suddenly been woken up by the loud sound of crashing downstairs. He had gotten scared at first, because he's still scared of intruders, but then he realized that Yoongi hadn't eaten earlier and— Yoongi was downstairs making himself food. Really loudly, apparently. Did he mean to be loud? What if he meant to wake Taehyung up?

No. He blew Taehyung off last night.

Taehyung forced himself back to sleep. Obviously Yoongi could handle his own food. He basically had this entire time, anyways.

On the other end of the stairs, Yoongi was quietly cursing to himself. He had dropped a pot when he was trying not to be loud and wake up the man upstairs. Maybe he hadn't woken up. And if he had, and if Taehyung decided to go down and see what the noise was, Yoongi would just apologize and leave it at that. And hopefully Tae would leave.

Taehyung didn't come downstairs.

Yoongi ate whatever it was that he could find— which was a pack of ramen noodles that Taehyung had left out. Whether it was specifically for him or not, Yoongi didn't care. He just ate it and went back to his bed, locking his door before doing so.

When Taehyung finally got up and out of bed to freshen up, the sun was already shining. The sun. Was shining. It really surprised him because he hadn't realized how little sun there had been up until now. It had been cloudy and cold and wet all week so far. The sun was just opposite of what Tae was feeling right now.

He felt kind of tense and lonely.

The whole entire fourth day almost, Taehyung had just sat alone all by himself and done little things by himself. Breakfast alone. Lunch alone. Even drinking at the lodge bar alone and going back to the game room and finding himself looking through board games alone.

He drunk a lot more than he had the first time he stepped into that bar room. The tipsy feeling went to the back of his mind as he drank more and then he somehow ended up staring up at the living room ceiling once again. The lodge is quiet once again. No sight of Yoongi again.

It's been a whole day now.

  Maybe Taehyung was going crazy. Maybe this was all a dream and Yoongi wasn't real in the first place. Maybe Taehyung fell asleep on the plane and he made up a name and a story for the cute little guy he ran into on the plane. Maybe he'd wake up any second now.

  Yeah, right.

  More like Taehyung should accept the fact that Min Yoongi was actually ignoring him for good. But why would Yoongi ignore him? Is it because that risky little seductive sentence from last night? Surely he could just apologize. Why did he do that anyways? Why did he suddenly want a reaction from Yoongi? What if Yoongi is homophobic?— In that case, Tae would be glad to be ignored by him.

  Or maybe Yoongi just doesn't want to be his friend. Taehyung doesn't blame him. He wouldn't want to be his own friend either.

  But, it was making Taehyung kind of sad. He came here expecting a nice vacation. It was rough at first, but then it got so well and probably too well, because the old Taehyung managed to peek through.. But now Taehyung is back to being alone. Alone like before.

Before Yoongi and before smiling so freely. Back at home in his office and with SeoJun, being an ass to him as usual. It wouldn't be so expected for Taehyung to be mean if Yoongi was there. If Yoongi crossed paths with Taehyung's every day life... Taehyung would probably surprise the whole city.

But for now...

  He ended up falling asleep on the rug. The fire slowly went out and so did he. He had been thinking too much and drank too much and he decided to just pass out on the floor instead of even attempting to go upstairs again and fall asleep in the unfamiliar, soft bed.