My Characters

"Many animals in zoos are trained through positive reinforcement. After completing the wanted response they will be given either a primary or secondary reinforces, such as-" The women was cut off by the loud ringing bell.

The bell faded as teens shuffled around the classroom gathering their belongings. "Don't forget your quiz will be on Friday!" The teacher called over the noise.

    "Greta hurry up!" The strawberry blonde female looked up from her phone to a brown-haired teen standing by the classroom's door.

"Sorry, I'm coming." She swung her bag over her shoulder as she maneuvered through the rows of desk, "Bye Ms. Shelly! See you tomorrow!"

    "Bye." The teacher gave a small wave as she continued to clean the whiteboard from today's lesson. Greta followed the taller boy out of the classroom, they walked side by side as other students rushed and causally walked to their next class.

    "What were you doing on your phone this time?" He adjusted the bag on his back as the turned into the crowded hallway.

"reading." Greta shrugged, "Just another comic I found interesting."

    "Cool. Ah, I have to go buy lunch today." He picked up his pace as he glanced behind him, "I'll visit the group after I eat."

Greta gave a small wave as she called after him, "see you then Jason." The teen took another turn as she walked down the stairs, the loud voices from the lunchroom echoed behind her as she entered another classroom. There were a three boys sitting at a square table talking as they unpacked their food.

"Hey," Greta greeted as she placed her lunch bag on the table and her bag next to the chair.

    "Hey." One of the boys looked up and immediately focused his eyes on the game on his phone. A small laugh escaped Greta's mouth as the teen across from him silently cheered at his win. She turned on her heel only to be stopped by one of the boy's voices behind her, "where are you going?"

"restroom." Greta turned before leaving the room and making her way to the girl's restroom. She pushed open the door to find a group of older girls chatting as they fixed their hair and makeup in the mirror. Greta rolled her eyes as she entered on of the stalls. The girls laugh and loud voiced echoed in the restroom for a few moments, then the room became silent with their leave.

Greta finished in the restroom washing off her hand s in the uncomfortable silence, 'Usually the bathroom is always loud during lunch.' She thought to herself as she shook her hands to dry, due to the lack of paper towels. The blonde started to make her way out of the restroom, her hand pulling on the door expecting to see the lunchroom scene.

The blonde shook her head as she closed her eyes, upon opening them she still was staring at the same scene. Not the lunchroom, definitely not. There were wooden shops and houses, decorated with stain glass windows, flowers, painted colors, and signs.

The blonde went to turn around and enter the bathroom but behind her way the entrance to what seemed like a tavern. Deciding to take her chanced she pushed open the door only to find herself in a room full of drunk people laughing and singing. Her eyes widened as she stepped out of the tavern and instead stepped onto the cobblestone road.

"Ok, I'm just dreaming... Maybe I hit my head and passed out, I should wake up soon right." She glanced up and down the streets, civilians were trading coins for goods and a few were trying to distract the merchants from their partners as they stole their goods. "I mean I know I have a vivid imagination, but nothing this good... At least I think." Greta quietly walked along the buildings as she studied the new scene around her.