Why was he still here? He should've been turned, but he felt just fine. Y/N fell over to his side, holding onto his arm with the bite on it as tears kept falling. "Why?" He asked softly, those being the only words he could muster out. Why would this world do this to him? Why was he still here? With everyone gone, why couldn't he join them. Why should he even keep going...

***

The fire crackled softly in the silent of the night. The light illuminating the area around the campfire that was made. There, sitting by it, was a teenager as he stared blankly into the fire. He sighed softly, pulling off the mask that covered the bottom half of his face. Y/N moved down and scratched his arm slightly, that was covered by a long sleeved shirt. Touching the bite on his arm, it's what brought him back to reality. It reminded him of the world they lived in.

5 months ago he watched as his mother-figure became infected and turning in front of his eyes, while he never did. He reached over, letting a hand trail on the rifle Jen had used, and he had took with. Even after all this time, he couldn't get over it. He didn't know what to do, he didn't know where to go. All he knew what to do, was survive. He had gone up north some more, now on the border of Maine and Canada.

It was better up here, the infected had a harder time surviving in the cold. Most of them time, they weaker infected just die out. Which was fine by him, it meant less things to mess with. It also meant the infected he did come across would be stronger and more dangerous. Y/N didn't mind, the sooner he meets his end, the sooner he can be happy.

He was lost in these thoughts, when he heard the sound of a branch snapping nearby. He reached over and grabbed his handgun, rolling off the stump he was sitting on and aiming it into the woods. He stayed quiet for a minute, not hearing anything else, but he knew he had heard something. "Come out! I know you're there!" Y/N ordered, gripping his handgun tighter.

Soon after, he heard a few more footsteps. They weren't rushed, they seemed to be close together and shuffling. It wasn't infected. He breathed a sigh of relief, relaxing slightly. He watched a small group of people, no more than 10 walk out of the woods. They weren't heavily armed, and didn't look like they wanted to attack and rob him. Y/N had never been up against people, even at his age, he didn't know that people can be capable of killing others.

All his life Y/N had grown up in peace, until infected attacked. Then he survived the harsh environment and more infected with someone that was more than willing to help. He thought this was the way it was, everyone needed to help each other to get through this. "It's dark out, you should be more careful." Y/N said, standing up from his kneeled position and lowering the gun. One person seemed to step forward to meet him, looking like an older fellow. "Sorry to scare you, but we saw the smoke and came to see if we can find some help." He spoke, looking at him.

Y/N looked back to the group to see some of them injured, some were really hurting. "I got some supplies, but it's not much." Y/N stated looking back and motioning to it. When he looked back, he was met with a gun aimed at him. Y/N's eyes went wide as he seemed a bit frozen, not knowing what to do. "Sorry son, but I'm going to need all of that." Y/N put his hands up slowly as people started walking by, looting his small little camp.

"What the hell?" Y/N asked, looking back at the man with a gun to him. He felt a foot connect with the back of his knee, and Y/N was forced down to his knees. He looked up to see that man even closer now; but another guy was behind him. "Just stay calm, son. I don't want to kill you, so don't make me."

People started walking by now, some with medical supplies, and some with his food. Y/N stayed silent, not knowing what to think, but he was feeling a little pissed. He thought people were supposed to trust each other in this, they were in this together. So why was he being robbed of his stuff and held at gunpoint? "Why?" Y/N asked, feeling the pressure on his back leave. "Because I won't let my people die. You understand, right?" The man said, backing up slightly.