Chapter 3: To The End

Apparently it's been frequently argued about in the comments, so I'm going to go ahead and end any confusion: Ellie is bisexual. She goes both ways. You will see more of this explored way later, but I'm not taking away any lgbt representation. Thank you, and have a good chapter.

On the other hand, (Y/N) was taking care of the final infected that had noticed them. "Are you alright?" Ellie asked him, causing him to shrug. Suddenly there was a loud sound of the ladder crashing to the floor, and screeching from the infected. "Go!" Joel shouted, motioning everyone up as he pulled out a gun of his own. "Holy shit!" (Y/N) called out, seeing the several infected now rushing them. The 4 barely made it over in time.

Chapter 3

"That was way too damn close." (Y/N) said, breathing a little heavy as the 4 stood around for a moment to regroup. "Everyone ok?" Joel asked, looking around at the group to make sure there were no injuries. "Yeah, come on let's move," Tess grumbled, moving ahead of the three. "You guys are pretty good at this stuff," Ellie stated while climbing up the broken street.

"It's called luck, and it is gonna run out," Joel claimed, following behind the three to keep a sort of lookout. When they made it up, they seemed to be in the ruins of a Main Street. "Man, how cool would it be to go in one of those?" (Y/N) asked, looking up at a sign that had faded lettering, but it was still clear enough to read: Bar.

"I think you two are a little too young for that," Joel said, walking right past it. "An age restriction? That's dumb." (Y/N) stated clearly, looking up at the building and shaking his head. They walked onward until they came to a white semi-truck blocking their path. "Let me find something," Joel said, looking to the left and spotting a rolling cabinet they could use.

After he quietly took out the 3 runners by it, he pushed it over and next to the truck, motioning for everyone to follow him as he went over. They approached a metal door, and Joel started to lift it using the chain. That's when the other three heard what sounded like screeching. "Joel Stop, did you hear that?" Tess ordered, causing him to slow and quiet down. "I didn't hear anything," Joel stated, and (Y/N) saw a glimpse of a runner coming over the truck.

"It's fine," the teenager started, then 7 more popped up, then double that. "I lied, Joel, move it!" He shouted, watching as the other started to work on the door faster. He held it when it was high enough, telling the others to quickly move through. They all moved fast as the horde began to rush over. (Y/N) and Tess grabbed the door and held it so Joel could move.

Before Joel could make it, a runner grabbed his foot and tried to drag him back. But Joel made it in far enough to allow the other two to drop the gate, severing the infected arm. They started to fiercely bang on the door, attempting to force it open and get the survivors. "Holy shit." (Y/N) said, stunned at the sheer number. "You uh, got something on your shoe." Ellie pointed out, and all of them looked down the see the arm still on Joel's foot. He kicked it off and everyone turned to go find supplies.

"So Marlene thinks your immune?" Tess asked, started a conversation with Ellie while Joel seemed to work on his guns at a nearby workbench. "That's what she believes," Ellie replied, catching the attention of the 4th member of the group, causing him to walk over. "Well, how were you bitten? I mean, you must've been in someplace you shouldn't have been." Tess pointed out.

Ellie sighed at this and rubbed her head. "Yeah, I snuck out a lot. I was at this military boarding school. I and my friend went to the mall." Ellie said, causing Tess to look over at her. "The mall? That place is a high-level quarantine area-" Tess started, but stopped and shook her head. "What about you, kid?" She asked, looking over to (Y/N)."

"(Y/N)." He responded simply, earning two confused looks. "My name, it's (Y/N)." He continued, then sighed. "I was cornered into a house by a horde of them, a few got through and one grabbed me." He lied slightly, nothing all too harmful to anyone.

They moved on a little more until the sound of something cracking drew their attention. (Y/N) went for his gun, until Ellie mumbled something. "Sorry. Sorry. That was me." She said, causing everyone to relax a little bit more. "Tess," Joel called from his spot near a cabinet. "Sorry," Ellie said again, and Tess just waved it off. "C'mon, just stick with me."

Together they moved up a broken ramp, to the upper half of the building, where they came to a caved-in hallway. Joel cursed as he and (Y/N) started to look for a way out. "What is this place?" Ellie asked, looking around in awe. "It's an old museum. Some of these things are hundreds of years old." Tess explained, picking up an Artifact to show her point. "Cool." (Y/N) replied, seeing it.

"Come here," Joel said, bringing the 4 over with him as he crouched into a little area. "Alright, watch your head." He said, lifting a beam up to provide a way through. (Y/N) went first, grabbing the beam from the other end to help lift it for the other two. Joel let out some curses, then their grip was lost and the beams collapsed, caving in the way through. "Joel. Joel!" Tess called, finding a crack to look at him through.

"I'm alive, I'll find my way around to you," Joel said, and a look of relief passed Tess for a second. Clicks emitted in the room next to them, and (Y/N) backed away quickly. "Oh shit, they're here!" He called, drawing his pistol. "Run!" Tess shouted, the three moving their feet and rushing out of the room. There were just too many damn clickers, (Y/N) put down 3 of them in hopes it would
help Joel.

But they were forced up some stairs, now being chased by some runners as well. The three rushed into a room quickly, slamming the door shut against the runner that was slamming on it. They had no time for breath because another door was open and in rushed another infected that went and grabbed Tess. "Go!" She shouted, and (Y/N) grabbed Ellie's arm and pulled her out into another part of the museum.

They heard a gunshot go off a little bit ago, and (Y/N) could only pray it was Joel. That's when he was slammed into the wall from a runner, his grip loosening on Ellie. He felt his breath leave him on impact, and he struggled to push back the lumbering creature on top of him. "Guys! Get in here!" He heard Ellie shout, then the runner was tackled off him. Joel put a bullet through its head, standing up to look at every one.

Ellie seemed relatively fine, Tess looked worried about something, and (Y/N) and Joel was just extremely out of breath. The younger looked half-dead as he was leaning over, that runner had knocked the shit out of him. When he looked up, he noticed several more runners making their way. "You've got to be kidding." Joel murmured, picking up a pipe and smashing the head of an infected. (Y/N) didn't have time to go for his gun, so he drew his combat knife and drove it into one's skull.

With two shots from Tess, the other two were put down. They waited a minute longer, then nothing came. "Everyone Alright? Tess?" Joel asked, seeing Tess walk forward towards an open window. "I'm fine." She said bluntly, causing him to sigh and look at the other two.

"What about y'all? Doing Alright?" He asked, and Ellie shook her head. "Define 'alright'" she said, both of them still breathing heavily. "Are you still breathing?" Joe asked, now (Y/N) responded. "Do short, panicked breaths count?" Joel shook his head and followed Tess out the window. "Yeah, they count." He said, motioning for the other two to follow. "Then yeah, we're alright."

They made it to the top, leaving the museum gratefully. They could spot the capitol growing ever closer in the distance. With a very risky plank walk, they were over and now very much so closer. Joel and Ellie stood side by side, talking, while (Y/N) just observed. "You can't deny the view, though." Ellie ended, looking over at Joel, then the 4 moved again.

I'm sorry for this one being a little short, but I want the capitol mission to have its own chapter as there is so much action and emotion to write, so I hope you forgive me!