Chapter 19: Son

Beep.......
   Beep........
     Beep........
       Beep........
  That was all Jungkook heard before he opened his eyes. After taking some time to adjust, Jungkook took note of his surroundings. A hospital. He saw many things in his room: the IV connected to his arm, the glow of the fluorescent lights, and most importantly, Y/N.
  Jungkook smiled to himself seeing you. Your head resting in his lap with your eyes closed, your hand grasping onto his casted one. After giving you a gentle kiss on your forehead, Jungkook tried to lean up only to experience a heavy pain in his chest.
   "Shit." He coughed out, accidentally waking you up.
    "Jungkook?" Y/N blinked herself awake. "How are you feeling?"
    "Ah, so I woke you up?" Jungkook softly chuckled, voice hoarse as he ran his uncasted hand through your hair. "I feel like shit."
   "Well, you did break a few ribs, your right hand, and sprained your left collarbone." You gave him a sad smile.  "It'll take a couple of months for you to recover."
    "It's just a couple of months, babe." Jungkook pinched your cheek playfully. "Why the sad smile?"
   "I'm pregnant!" Y/N quickly sat up, terrified of what would happen next, especially with Jungkook in this condition.
   The silence that came after was unbearable. Jungkook had stared at the wall in front of him.
  "I'm sorry." Y/N sadly laughed, tears falling from her face.
  "What? No." Jungkook snapped his head back to face Y/N, cupping one of her cheeks with his uninjured hand. "Don't be. Just tell me what we're having will you?"
   "You scared me for a second, Jungkook!" Y/N smiled, leaning into the palm of his hand. "A boy."
  "A son? I'm having a son?!" Jungkook smiled ecstatically, just before the rest of the gang entered the room. "I'm having a son!"
  "We know!" Jin smiled, patting Jungkook's head. "I'm going to be the best Uncle!"
  "How many times do I have to tell you all, it's gonna be me?!" Hoseok laughed. "But how are you, Kook?"
   "I'm fine, Hoseok." Jungkook smiled with a nod. "Thanks."
   "So, what are you going to name little Jeon?" Taehyung smiled at the couple. "I need to call my nephew by a name, you know."
    "Think of one." Y/N laughed, happy to be supported and loved by those around her.
   "I vote for Jin." Jin smirked, holding onto Namjoon's hand.
  "Absolutely not." Namjoon laughed, gently shoving his shoulder in a playful manner. "What about Minyu?"
   "Soobin." Jisoo smiled thoughtfully, everyone's attention settled on her. "You should name him Jeon Yeonjun."
    "I like it." Jungkook smiled, making eye contact with you. "Jeon Yeonjun."