QOE | 011 | GODS OF EGYPT

Chapter 011: Gods of Egypt

Nevertheless, after the encounter with the mortal at the coronation, Hathor, could not get over Nefertiri. She took interest into studying her, watching her, knowing all her strengths and weaknesses.

Hathor realised that if she could get this mortal into the palace, she'll be able to balance the realm of Egypt again, just like Cleopatra used her reproductive abilities like a man, to create a legacy unforgettable.

The goddess of love, couldn't bear to keep this vision of hers to herself, so she decided to tell the other gods about it.

And if the last female Pharoah could do it, Nefertiri can do more than a legacy, she will become a living god and worship will be at her feet.

*********

Per-wer and Per-nu, also known as the great house of flames, (Olympus as the Greeks call it) is the paradise of the egyptian gods, which lay above the clouds and the paths of the stars, near the apex of the solid bronze-dome of the sky, the bright shining blue upper-air of heaven.

It existed in the zone known as the Duat. The cloud surrounding them was the dark formlessness that existed before creation.

The golden gates of the heavenly fortress is guarded by the three eye of Ra, and in the palace of Amun. Apart from gods, only a pure soul can pass through the holy gates.

The gods of Egypt dwell in a place of golden palaces, glorious flowers, parks, springs of stars and streets bustling with gods, goddesses, godlings, nature spirits and celestial beings.

Fabulous palaces of marble and gold and lesser palaces for the other gods, including stables for the litters and chariot horses.

Buildings made of gold, inlaid with precious stones with bronze foundations, surrounded by cloistered courtyards with golden pavements and marbled columns.

A magnificent golden palace with a central hall, private bedchambers and storage rooms. The golden-floored hall served as both a council chamber and feast-hall for the gods.

And, tripods of the feast, were automatons animated by a divine smith, a god. And trundled in and out of the hall as required.

Also with the firmament beneath, it provides them an expansive view of the world below allowing them to observe mankind from the heights above.

But, when it comes to bouquets, the gods feasted on different delicacies, including ambrosia, nectar, substances collected from the meadows of the earth-encircling River Nile and from the smoke of sacrificial offerings wafting to heaven.

*******

The main palace of Amun is a magnificent site to behold. Before the palace of Amun-Ra was a large, cloistered courtyard where the full assembly of the gods gather including all of the earth, river- and sea-deities as well as other spirits.

The gods always gather together in the council chamber, to discuss the progress of their lesser creations. But today, the gods weren't discussing the affairs of men, they were arguing.

"This is dis-speakable, we had the mortals build us temples to dwell in, why then should we invade earth again." Nut, goddess of the sky ranted seriously, arguing with Apris.