"Thank you. Did you finish the short story you were working on?"

"Which one?"

"The one about the girl and the monster in the walls that watched over her."

"Loyal?" he pondered. "Oh, yeah, I finished that one. Do you want me to send it to you?"

"Yes, please. I'll read it before bed."

I heard him shuffle as he walked to his desk. "Give me any feedback you may have."

"You know I don't know all of that writing stuff. I'd be horrible at giving you valuable feedback."

"Then tell me if you liked it or not. And be honest about why."

"I will."

Hearing Devon speak hurt. I missed him. I wanted him there with me tonight. I wanted him there with me right now.

"I wish I could have been there tonight," he whispered.

"Me too. I wish you were here right now."

"I could be," he stated. "If I leave my house now. I can be there in a few minutes."

"No way. My sister would kill me if you came over this late."

"I could sneak in through the window," he laughed.

I rolled my eyes. "Who's going to watch Rena?"

"She's not home. She had a sleepover."

I hated to admit how I was seriously debating on having Devon over. It wasn't likely that Jeanie would come in my room, anyway. She was most likely asleep and Rick didn't stay overnight. Devon could sneak in. I'd get to see him, and then he'd sneak home so we could both go to sleep. And if we got caught, it wasn't as if Jeanie would ground or forbid me from seeing him. She'd done worse back in high school, so she'd most likely give me a warning speech about how I had to be more careful and act responsibly. I could handle that.

"Do it."

"Really?" he asked, perking up.

"Yes. Come over. But you have to sneak in through the window."

He hesitated.

"Jeanie won't hate you. We're not even going to get caught. It should be fine."

"Okay." He hung up.

I sat back on my bed after opening my window and removing the cover that kept out the bugs. It felt weird to invite Devon over like this. Many people would consider it provocative, but I simply missed my boyfriend. I wanted him to be with me tonight, and I wanted him to watch me live in person. If this was the only way I'd get to actually see him, then call me desperate, but I didn't care. I wanted to see him.

When he crawled through my window, I had a mini heart attack. I forgot the window was even open, and I was so trapped in my thoughts I didn't hear him approach. Devon slipped in through the window head first, causing him to fall flat on his face as he slid in. I may have been concerned, but I still laughed at him. Albeit silently, of course.

He pouted as he stood up. Devon quickly wrapped his arms around my waist, and I hugged him back before kissing him. Sitting on the bed, he pulled me onto his lap, and I straddled him. We fell back, laying on our sides and still kissing. It was hard to differentiate what was suddenly happening, because we went from kissing to him being in just boxers while I was in my bra and underwear. When he pulled away to take a breath, I could see it dawn in his eyes as well, and he jumped off the bed, away from me. Through his boxers, I could see his erection. It turned me on, but I crossed my legs, not wanting to think about having sex when I was not ready to have it. I would not let my horniness take me away. We already got undressed without realizing it. I didn't need to suddenly have him in me and have it dawn on me what just fucking happened. The predicament I was facing, however, was the fact that kissing him turned me on, and seeing his erection aroused me even more.

With my hormones in control, I stood up from the bed and walked up to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck once again and kissed him softly. "I don't want sex either."

Devon exhaled in relief. "Good."

Smirking, I gently pulled on his hair and led him back to bed. I laid down, and he hovered over me. Kissing me again, I wrapped my legs around his waist and lifted myself to rub against him. He moaned through the kiss. I moaned softly as well, kissing him deeper. He clenched the back of my hair, digging his nails into my scalp as he pushed himself down on me, rubbing against me. Ignoring everything in my head, I kept pressing myself against him. Pulling away from my mouth, Devon moaned into my neck, and I felt his boxers grow wet.

Satisfied as well, I flopped back onto my pillow and exhaled loudly. Quickly slapping my hand over my mouth, I stared at Devon, who stared back with wide eyes. He chuckled softly, and I forced myself to laugh. I didn't mind what just happened. I liked it.

So why did I feel ashamed at the same time?