Chapter 17 - This is it

Start from the beginning

While setting the table, I heard a few energetic knocks on the door. "I'll get it." I called out to Bruno as I put everything down, rushed to the door and opened it with one swift movement. There stood Narancia and Fugo, both had long zipped plastic bag slung over their shoulder, probably where they kept their suit, I thought. "Hi! Come in, come in." I said in a hospitable tone as I stepped out of the way. Fugo gave me a small smile and a nod then shuffled inside while Narancia stayed behind, giddy. I stood there a moment, waiting for the younger man to get in but he stared at me with a grin. "Yeah?" I drawled out questioningly. In a few seconds he threw an arm around me, while the other held his suit, and hugged me quickly before stepping back. "It's going to be fun!!" he said excitedly before catching up with Fugo.

They both placed the bags on the couch, surprisingly very delicately, then they sat at the table and started chatting with Bucciarati. I was very curious as of what the dress looked like but I could wait, yet I tried to peek as I passed it but saw nothing. "Do we have any idea if they're arriving soon?" I asked Bruno while pulling a chair to sit in next to Fugo at the table. Joining us, the raven-haired man sat to my right and told us they'd probably be arriving soon. In the meantime, we chatted idly, they did not seem stressed one bit while, I was a wreck. I had that weird gut feelings, the same one like when you're a child and you're about to have your first representation in front of every parents, and you've probably rehearsed a month or so and only during breaks. You know it's not going to be great but that's all you got, and there's no going back. Kind of like stage fright.

I was brought back to reality when Narancia waved a hand in front of my face, blinking a few times I looked at him with an apologetic smile. "Ah sorry, I was lost in my thoughts." He leaned on his knuckles with a grin before leaning forward a bit, "Where you thinking about Bucciarati?" where the fuck did that come from, looking to my right to see if Bruno had heard anything, I noticed he was gone. The rumble of multiple voices echoed in the hall which made me raised my head and recognize the four people we were expecting. Getting up quickly, I glared at Narancia and told him I didn't know what he was talking about but I had to welcome people, he laughed loudly in response.

The first person that came my way was Mista who hugged me very, very tight. Patting his back with a bit a force I told him he was choking me, he quickly pulled away but kept his hands on my arms, a twinkle in his eyes. "Bella, I haven't seen you in so long! Are you ready for the ball? Isn't it exciting? Your first mission with us! Oh it's going to be so fu-" he was interrupted by Trish pulling him away from me, he complained loudly but let her do as she pleased. It was weird meeting her in person for the first time, I knew I didn't have to feel awkward because we've practically been talking every day since this whole thing started but I couldn't help it, nor could I help the nervous chuckle that left my lips.

"Oh girl, come on, get here." She said as she opened her arms wide, I stepped in her embrace and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding when I felt her arms wrap around me. "You make your move tonight, right?" she whispered in my ears before pulling away with mischievous grin. I bit the inside of mouth but nodded slightly, I could see she was holding back her squeal of joy when instead of doing so she hit Mista's shoulder. "The hell was that for Trish?" he asked, rubbing his biceps. She told him I was going to confess tonight, but he didn't have the subtlety Trish had. He grabbed me by the arms and shook me vigorously. "That's so awesome oh my god, finally." He exclaimed, although he had the sensibility of doing that in a lower tone.

Putting my hands on his arms so he'd let go of me I chuckled, "Yeah, yeah, I get it. At least if it goes wrong, I'll find one of you and we'll try to avoid him." I said with a laugh, people started taking their seat in the background. The pink-haired girl frowned lightly, "Well, I won't be there, you know that, right?" she said with her arms crossed over her chest. I tilted my head to the side, it was my time to frown, "What do you mean you won't be there?" I asked in confusion. I thought we would all go, and even maybe hang out at the ball together. I had no idea what the plan was but I was a bit saddened that she wasn't coming.