Chapter 2

Jasper Hale stares at his friend and coven mate, Alice Cullen. She had a vision earlier that Edward didn't see. She and Edward are into it because she had a vision about his blood singer coming in about two or three months, and Edward chose not to believe it and now... Alice is stubbornly blocking her thoughts from him.
                         Alice is beaming, and she won't tell Jasper why e feels her happiness radiating of her. He felt it in the clearing as he was headed back from his hunt. Whatever Alice saw, it must be good because no one in the coven has ever seen Alice like this.
                        "Can we at least have a hint?" Rosalie Hale asks her sister, Rose is beyond amused by Alice's happiness because it is beginning to annoy Jasper.
                          Alice beams even brighter, if possible. "All I will say is that it has something to do with our Jas."
                      Jasper furrows his eyebrows but says nothing. He knows there is no use in even bothering to argue with Alice. So instead of speaking, Jasper steps out onto the balcony and watches as a the winter sun burns over the glistening grass. The sun was hot enough to melt last week's snow.
                         "Jasper," Carlisle speaks as he steps out onto the balcony, he sees his newest vegetarian staring into the oblivion. "You guys need school supplies for the semester."
                          Jasper is the only one Carlisle and Esme trust not to go overboard with prices. Alice has a habit of getting things that aren't prioritized, Emmett's the same way. Rosalie gets the thing priced the highest price for, as she claims, better quality. Edward just all out refuses to go... shopping. Even if it is for school or Esme asking.
                          Jasper nods and he turns to face his father figure. "I will go with the sun lowers a bit."
                          "Good idea, Jasper," Carlisle replies. He goes to leave but he stops at the door, and he looks over his shoulder. "And don't get too frustrated with Alice. I'm sure the vision was good."
                            Jasper smirks as he looks at Carlisle. "I hope so, or our sweet Alice was smiling over something horrendous and she is losing her mind."
                           "Now that's more like it," Carlisle muses. "Esme needs you in my study, by the way. Don't tell her I almost forgot."
                            "She can hear you, Carlisle," Jasper reminds the man and he heads inside, hearing Carlisle laugh; Jasper heads up to Carlisle's study, he finds Esme sitting elegantly on the leather sofa near the window. "Esme. You wanted to see me?"
                            "I have a list of school supplies," Esme says as she gets up and walks over to the desk, and grabs a piece of paper. "Here, and..." she reaches into her purse thst is also on the desk and she pulls her wallet out. "You'll need money... are you going to shop for it locally or Port Angeles?"
                               Jasper reads over the list his mother had made and he sighs. "I'll go to the local dollar mart, it's closer and cheaper."
                            Esme grins lovingly at the vampire. "This is why that if I did choose favorites, you'd be my choice."
                              "I'll go out to the store later, Esme," Jasper says softly and he kisses her cheek. "You are too good for this life, Esme. I... I'll see ou later?"
                             "I love you, too, Jasper," Esme coos, understanding what he hadn't said. "You go whenever the sun lowers."
                              Jasper nods once and he walks down the hall to his own room. He has been alone for over a century, and yet, he's never felt truly alone except for when he goes to his room without his family. He was alone for a while before he found Alice. He was turned into a vampire after serving two years in the American civil war by a lady named Maria in 1863.
                                Jasper came across Alice in a small diner in Philadelphia in the year 1948 after his war buddy, Peter, helped Jasper get free from Maria and her newborns. Jasper was wary and conflicted because he could feel Alice's joy, her emotions.  Ur the feeling of Alice's joy had replaced him great. And in 1950, jasper and Alice joined Carlisle and his coven. Jasper Whitlock then began going by Jasper Hale because he could pass as Rosalie's sibling.
                                 Jasper looks out his window and sees that the sun isn't as bright. He grabs a brown leather jacket before heading downstairs. He grabs his key from the bowl in the foyer covered in windows and white walls. This house was a lucky find, it being surrounded in trees, the shade is everything the Olympic coven needed. It's another reason Carlisle chose to come back to Forks.
                                      Jasper does his shopping at the local dollar mart and he's driving home when he smells something... enticing. Something that almost makes Jasper loose very ounce of control Carlisle has helped him build. He slows his driving as he passes the one free house on the street he's driving down and he sees her.
                                 The blonde at the door watches as Jasper passes but he doesn't stop. He is watching her with a hungry gaze and when he gets last the house, Jasper presses on the gas a bit to accelerate his speed so he can get home quicker.
                            "Alice!" Jasper booms as he hurried into the house while Edward gets the bags, he heard his thoughts when Jasper got out of his car. "Alice Brandon Cullen!"
                              "Crap!" Alice grumbles as she leaves a surprised Esme and she joins Jasper. "You met her?"
                            "No and thankfully not," Jasper hisses. "I almost stopped by car in front of her house and lost control, Alice. Who is she?"
                             "I don't know her name, but I only saw images of her," Alice replies in a gentle tone. "She lived in Seattle, she just moved to town, Jas. You won't hurt her."
                            "What's going on?" Carlisle asks. "Does this have something to do with the mystery vision?"
                           "I guess since Jas knows now, I'll squeal," Alice chirps. "Jasper's blood singer just moved to Forks and she starts Forks High School tomorrow. All I know is what she looks like. I don't know her name, personality, age, grade, or anything else... Oh, and she has a pet german shepherd."
                           "Do you want to go tomorrow?" Carlisle asks Jasper in a concerned and urgent voice. "Or do you need to hunt in order to maintain your control?"
                              "I want to try going," Jasper admits and Carlisle nods, but the concern turns to pure worry. "If I don't think I'll make it, I will leave, Carlisle. That's a promise. I won't slip and mess Forks up for the rest of us."
                          "I'll get him out of there if he says he won't make it," Emmett assures his family, he is extremely loyal to his coven and he's well trusted, as well are the others in the coven. "Don't worry, Carlisle. I like this place too much to let Jasper have a dinner party."
                            Jasper lets out a groan to cover up his laughter. "Emmett, this is not the time to make your comments." 
                           "You know it's funny, Jasper," Emmett teases and Rosalie smacks him in the back of the head.  "Ow! What was that for, babe?"
                         "Leave him alone," Rosalie demands. "Don't you see that he's having a hard time?"
                           "It's okay, Rose," Jasper says with a sigh. "It's just Emmett being Emmett, and that was kind of funny. I'm going up. Esme, are you going to separate the supplies?"
                           "I am, but Edward can suck it up and help me," Esme coos. "You go take a breather and think about your blood singer like I know you will."
                             Jasper kisses Esme's cheek before he goes upstairs, and closes his door behind him. The empath turns his stereo on and some old country music fills his room as he sits on the small sofa near his wall. He rests his elbows on his knees and nods his face in his hands, exhaling loudly as he does think fi this mystery girl.