Chapter Thirty Two

Please vote

W4~ Friday

Moving myself away from the situation is always best. I've had a tendency to choose my fights wisely. However, fighting in a club is literally asking to get kicked out and with my fathers business reputation to uphold, the island won't refrain from getting the news to him.

Hugging the velvet suit blazer close to my body, I try to keep the cold breeze of the air conditioning from hitting my dress. I walk myself over to the bar in hope of retrieving a cold water to diffuse the situation and my mind.

"Fav? Why are you-"

"Alec just give me a water." I roll my eyes with a sigh, already having enough of the night.

"Don't let whatever happened to you, spoil the night."

"Now, why would I do that?" I turn my head slightly whilst raising my eyebrows with my hands on my hips.

"Forget it. Just have a good night." Alec gives me a small smile before placing the bottled water on the bar top table.

"Thanks, Al."

The envy in her eyes shows the confused child within, the same girl walking up to men with such confidence, is the same girl who is just as messed up as the rest of us. She's always boasting about her features to both races, emphasising her superiority, in denial of the way society actually look at her. The pain in her face shows she knows what people think and her actual differences. She knows that whilst the younger generation favour her, the older look down at her.

But Natasha ignores it. And I really want to help her, but if she can't realise it for herself there's only so much I can do.

"Are you ok?" Mel's voice sounds anxious under the screams of the crowd and the volume of the music booming from the wall speakers.

"Can we go to the booth?"

"I think I can get us one, but we've still got all four booked for tomorrow."

"Sharing is caring, right?" I massage my temples with my one hand, holding onto the water with the other.

"Lets check if the others want to join, they're probably still on the dance floor, drinking or something?"

"Yeah, sure." The two of us search the crowd, finding the two boys leaning against the centre bar, Adrian talking to an Asian girl and Judas talking to another black boy. Of course I can't jump to conclusions with the two. After all, you know the saying... 'don't judge a book by a cover.'

Bullshit.

"Baby, are you joining us for a booth?" I sweetly smile at Adrian, then look at the glaring girl with innocence.

"I'll just be one minute," He smiles whilst raising his right eyebrow, I know what he wants me to do... but it's not happening. He turns back to the girl who's teeth are now showing in a small, but big in value smile.

He turns his back on me so that I'm literally facing a wall and I feel Mel's curiosity juices flowing. I'm really just about to brace myself for the questions.

"I'll be back for him. Let's go to Judas." I mumble, tired from all the noise and couples making out.

With the bar being formed in a circular shape, Judas stands approximately 45 degrees from Adrian. His well built body leans against the bar top as he talks to a guy around the same height, laughing at several occasions.

"Jude, we're going to get a booth. Do you want to join?" Mel asks, to which he stands up properly and brushes off literally nothing from his shirt.